Page 46 of 58 FirstFirst ... 36414243444546474849505156 ... LastLast
    Yeppers! And I see you've changed your aviator to show your 2day.

Oh, and when you order the pizza, get pepperoni, AND don't forget the garlic bread!
    Last edited by Delpita; 06/22/2008 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Edited to fix spelling errors........ the AZ heat has melted my brain.

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by Delpita View Post
    Yeppers! And I see you've changed your aviator to show your 2day.

Oh, and when you order the pizza, get pepperoni, AND don't forget the garlic bread!
    tee hee, I put in that Task just to see how it showed up on the screen! but yes, we are ordering pizza now, since it is on my Today screen........... I mean just so I can check it off as done......... you know. And yes, it will have pepperoni (but no garlic bread as I am watching my carbs )
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    tee hee, I put in that Task just to see how it showed up on the screen! but yes, we are ordering pizza now, since it is on my Today screen........... I mean just so I can check it off as done......... you know. And yes, it will have pepperoni (but no garlic bread as I am watching my carbs )
    Well now, that's just selfish of you.......... order the garlic bread for me...... I'm NOT watching my carbs (just my calories. I already put in a 40-minute workout, and will do another 45 this evening.)

Also check out the

Verizon Treo 755p
    Well now, that's just selfish of you.......... order the garlic bread for me...... I'm NOT watching my carbs (just my calories. I already put in a 40-minute workout, and will do another 45 this evening.)
    Wow, impressive, I wish I could do even 45 minutes a day. the pizza was delicious, but sorry, no garlic bread.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Ok..........forget the 45 minute workout tonight......... I went to Costco, had to fight the crowds........ and the AZ heat......... there's my workout for the night.......

Also check out the

Verizon Treo 755p
    Hi,

Sorry if something like this was already asked, I didn't know how to search for this question using a short sentence/question or keyword. Is there a way to have the Find screen (in Buttons view) to do contacts searches, but at the same time use its dial pad only for number dialing?

I mean, I would like to have the Find screen to do both the Find and the Dialpad functions. So if I want to find a contact I just use the letters on the keyboard to start the search, and if I want to dial a number (not stored in contacts) I just use the on-screen dial pad. Both tasks using the same Find screen. As it is right now, in the Find screen, the dial pad (Buttons view) only serves as another searcher and not as a typical number-dialer.

Is there a way to do this? Any setting in prefs or something?
    Last edited by Cheker; 06/22/2008 at 07:08 PM.
    Did someone say Pizza?! Are we started the food thread again? Don't forget the beer
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    Did someone say Pizza?! Are we started the food thread again? Don't forget the beer
    Sorry, no beer.......... too many calories and carbs (although, a nice cold one DOES sound good right about now!)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheker View Post
    Hi,

Sorry if something like this was already asked, I didn't know how to search for this question using a short sentence/question or keyword. Is there a way to have the Find screen (in Buttons view) to do contacts searches, but at the same time use its dial pad only for number dialing?

I mean, I would like to have the Find screen to do both the Find and the Dialpad functions. So if I want to find a contact I just use the letters on the keyboard to start the search, and if I want to dial a number (not stored in contacts) I just use the on-screen dial pad. Both tasks using the same Find screen. As it is right now, in the Find screen, the dial pad (Buttons view) only serves as another searcher and not as a typical number-dialer.

I was a little confused at first at your question, but now I think I understand.

Why not just have your set up like this: In preference, then "Using the 'Phone' button", have "Find" first, then "Dialpad" second, and whatever buttons next. That way, when you're in the "Find" display, and you type your letters, but then decide to dial a number, hit your "Phone" button and then you'll be in the "Dialpad" view.

Does that make sense?

Also check out the

Verizon Treo 755p
    It does, thanks. But I knew how to do that. What I would like to know is if there's a way to do it the way I described. You know, same screen, both functions ... yes, I'm THAT lazy.
    How about, while in "Find", press the "Alt key", which will then take you to the dialpad view, and then start typing your numbers?

Also check out the

Verizon Treo 755p
    Ok..........forget the 45 minute workout tonight......... I went to Costco, had to fight the crowds........ and the AZ heat......... there's my workout for the night.......
    Your in AZ too? Wow what a small world.
    "We must all fear evil men, but there is an evil we must fear most. And that is the indifference of good men." -- The Boondock Saints.
    or, up in the right corner under that battery icon is a little grid icon, tap that and it quickly switches to the dial pad. This app is designed with FIVE different screens that do different things for you, the FIND screen finds contacts and simply put if you want to dial someone not a contact, you need to switch to the DIAL screen. Even using the 5-way nav button while on the FIND screen will quickly get you to the dial pad. It's not that hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheker View Post
    Hi,

I'm pretty sure there is an option for what you want.

On my Treo I can just start typing on the keyboard or on screen buttons and if what I am typing is a contact it will show up. if what i am dialing is a number not in my contacts it just dials the number.
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    I'm pretty sure there is an option for what you want.

On my Treo I can just start typing on the keyboard or on screen buttons and if what I am typing is a contact it will show up. if what i am dialing is a number not in my contacts it just dials the number.
    Okay, you are very correct, I just tested it. If you are on the FIND screen in TakephOne and start inputting a number using the # keys on the keyboard, it will eventually recognize it as a phone number and you will see it as such on the screen, then when you are done just press the green dial button above the phone button. I never knew that feature as I just use my 5way Nav button to go to the dial pad.
    QUOTE=dollface;1452601]Okay, you are very correct, I just tested it. If you are on the FIND screen in TakephOne and start inputting a number using the # keys on the keyboard, it will eventually recognize it as a phone number and you will see it as such on the screen, then when you are done just press the green dial button above the phone button. I never knew that feature as I just use my 5way Nav button to go to the dial pad.[/QUOTE]

If you WANT the dialpad to be onscreen when on the Find tab, just press the Alt key. Press again to make it go away. You can still do contact searches with the dialpad onscreen (when on the Find tab).

Edit: just read your post Delpita, oh well, worth repeating I guess.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Thank you all for your suggestions.

Though I think only OLD_HATCH completely understood what I was trying to say. I already know how to work the dial pad with the alt key on Find screen (and the other tips posted), but when you type on the dial pad (Find screen), it doesn't type the numbers (what I want), it just starts a contact search by letter. I would like to disable the search function on the dial pad (in Find screen) son it only type numbers. Starting searches by letter, I would like to do it only with the keyboard. So when I wake up Takephone to make a call, whether it's from a previously stored number or a new number from scratch, I can do it from within that ONE screen (Find) without the need to navigate to another screen (like Dialpad, for new numbers). Like I said before, I guess I'm THAT lazy.

Thing is, I didn't realize that the contact searching with the dial pad ended at some point (after the first 3 or 4 numbers are dialed, when it fails to find a matching contact) and then it finally shows the dialed numbers. Thanks for that description OLD_HATCH. It's not exactly what I wanted, but it's almost there.

Don't worry, this will be the last time I try to explain myself. It's tiring, I'm not good at this ... LOL.
    Last edited by Cheker; 06/23/2008 at 08:19 PM.
    Appears to me TAKEphONE is doing exactly what you want. Type a phone number that doesn't completely match a contact and you end up with that phone number on screen. Best of both worlds.
    I have had three occurrences where when I place a call from the Call Log I get the white screen. I am still able to make the call, but I have to take the battery out after the call in order to hang up. The screen is simply white. Once I remove the battery and reset, SafeGuard tells me the crash was caused by TakePhone.

The three times has been spred out over a month or so. Has this happened to anyone else?
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
  19.    #919  
    Hi all,

New version - 7.60 (007) - posted at www.shsh.com/beta

- Treo 755p: fix pressing the GREEN button when search empty
    (entered 'H').

- i-Bar: allow creating launcher shortcuts for applications on
    the sd-card (!).

Thanks.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Shimon

The last time I check for an upgrade for either Takephone 4cast there was something about the latest version of the pnojpg file.

Is there a reason to update this? Have changes been made or its the same file from the very begining?

Thanks