Page 35 of 58 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast
    Hi,

I recently bought this app for my phone. First, sorry if this question was already posted and discussed here, didn't know exactly how to search on this (what short phrase to use for this on the search function).

I would like to be able to eliminate a couple buttons from the bottom tab(?). Thing is, I rarely or never use the "Redial" and/or "Speed-Dial" buttons. If I want to redial I press and hold the phone hard-button, and if I want to redial some number I called a few calls back, then I use the "Call-Log" button. Aditionally, if I want to speed-dial some stored number, I use the i-Bar from "Find" and not the "Speed-Dial" button.

So because of that, I would love to have the option to eliminate (and not just disable in Prefs.) those 2 buttons and not only re-arrange this layout for my typical usage, but also the resulting only-3 buttons would be larger (to the sides, if possible) and a little easier to press without accidentally pressing the wrong one (having the 5 of them there, makes them a bit too little, IMO).

I don't know if this is already doable in Prefs., or if it isn't possible to do (by the developer), or if it will have the minimum required request quorum, but that's about the only thing on my "wish list". I love what TAKEphONE does for me and my Treo (755) on every other aspect of it. Thanks.
    Last edited by Cheker; 05/08/2008 at 10:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE View Post
    Hi,

And display a single task ? what if there are 7 due ?

How many users want this ?
    I don't use Tasks.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheker View Post
    Hi,

I recently bought this app for my phone. First, sorry if this question was already posted and discussed here, didn't know exactly how to search on this (what short phrase to use for this on the search function).

I would like to be able to eliminate a couple buttons from the bottom tab(?). Thing is, I rarely or never use the "Redial" and/or "Speed-Dial" buttons. If I want to redial I press and hold the phone hard-button, and if I want to redial some number I called a few calls back, then I use the "Call-Log" button. Aditionally, if I want to speed-dial some stored number, I use the i-Bar from "Find" and not the "Speed-Dial" button.

So because of that, I would love to have the option to eliminate (and not just disable in Prefs.) those 2 buttons and not only re-arrange this layout for my typical usage, but also the resulting only-3 buttons would be larger (to the sides, if possible) and a little easier to press without accidentally pressing the wrong one (having the 5 of them there, makes them a bit too little, IMO).

I don't know if this is already doable in Prefs. or if it isn't possible to do (by the developer) or if it's too much to ask, but that's about the only thing on my "wish list". I love what TAKEphONE does for me and my Treo (755) on every other aspect of it. Thanks.
    there's no preference to remove them.

I understand your wish. I just use the phone button to loop through the ones I want - just disable in settings the ones you don't. I rarely use the on screen buttons on the bottom, but my finger nail on my thumb works well.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Shimon How about this. On the find screen instad of displaying a single task in a worded line, like the calender event or 4cast plugin.

How about an icon like the text/mms ones with the number of due tasks? Like when you have 2 unread emails there will be a number 2 next to the email icon.

It looks like there isplenty of space whether u puut it up top or on the side.

Or maybe getting rid of the results number in Brackets and adding the Task icon in its place with number of Tasks due?

I know the results number has been asked about cause nooneknows what it exactly is. Plus when there are more results than what are visible on the screen there's a down cursor.

I used to use the agenda display cause it would display that info but I find myself leaving the screen on Takephone because of all the information can be seen on the find screen except for Tasks.

Oh and I like to use Tasks cause I'm very forgetfull and get sidetracked easy so the Simplicity of the built inTask app helps me a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    there's no preference to remove them.

I understand your wish. I just use the phone button to loop through the ones I want - just disable in settings the ones you don't. I rarely use the on screen buttons on the bottom, but my finger nail on my thumb works well.
    Thanks, I know of that loop setting, but I have my "phone button while in Takephone" set to start calls to leave that button to only do what it was meant to do (on most phones), and avoid confusion to other people (and myself sometimes, LOL) that use my phone to make calls and press that button to start calls (I guess because of the phone logo on it).

I don't have that big of a problem using (by thumb pressing) the bottom buttons, I just wish there were only the ones I use the most and a little bigger.
    Last edited by Cheker; 05/08/2008 at 11:00 AM.
    I know what you mean about the phone buttondoing what it does on most other phones. I sometimes forget I need to hit the green button to initiate a call.

I have just trained myself to use thegreen button to initiate calls and the phone button to loop through the find and dial screens.

Maybe what you need is an option tfor the green button to be able to loop through the screens?

Isn't that already there.? I'll have to check I the menu.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    I have Takephone set up so the 5-way changes tabs. I hardly ever use the touchscreen on my 700p. If you want to try this it's on the Buttons and navigation tab - Left/Right - Change Tabs.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    my 2 cents: I have no need for a tasks bar.
    needed to call contact today for whom I did not have the extension # with me. The company's auto attendant said - press * to check the directory
    Then came - please spell the last name of the person you're trying to reach
    TAKEphone had no response to pressing the qwerty letters and I had no idea how to enter L using the 'number' section of treo (700p)
    So how do you deal with such auto attendant directory functions ?
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    I haven't tried this, but did you try using the dialpad in Takephone? I would think that will work.
    dial pad works, i don't know any other way to do it.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Ok Shimon....

A pictures worth a thousand words so heres 2

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ne/example.jpg

(kinda goofed on this one, pay no attention to the top icons. the example are the ones on the side)
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/example2.jpg

I know Tasks doesnt get used alot but thats because theres no easy way to access it, and since theres no reminder bells for it it makes it difficult to use. If there was just a small icon like the ones pointed to with the red arrow I think it would be alot more usefull. Tap on it and tasks get launched just like in the agenda view of the calander.

What do you think? (Oh that was a quick Moepaint special for you. lol)
    Last edited by OLD_HATCH; 05/08/2008 at 04:05 PM.
    Before making any changes for Tasks............. Shimon was going to make a full page i-Bar....... he's already got that on his "task" list. (Remember, Shimon?! hint, hint, hint)

FWIW, I rarely use tasks, so don't have a need for the feature everyone here is talking about.

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
    lol

I think this is simpler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delpita View Post
    Before making any changes for Tasks............. Shimon was going to make a full page i-Bar....... he's already got that on his "task" list. (Remember, Shimon?! hint, hint, hint)
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I don't use Tasks.
    Displaying a single task wouldn't really be useful to me, and displaying multiple tasks would take up too much room.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    The only way I see it moderately useful would be run of tasks just like email messages. Then again the only useful part for me would be the quick link to the tasks app which can be accomplished with the ibar.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    ............ Then again the only useful part for me would be the quick link to the tasks app which can be accomplished with the ibar.
    Hint, hint Shimon.......... i-Bar

Also check out the

Verizon Treo 755p
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ne/example.jpg

Like that right!

With just a link in the ibar you wouldnt know the amount of tasks you have to do so it would defeat the porpouse. Plus I dont like putting things in the calander that I need to do cause if I dont do it that day its gone the next and I forget. ( I hate making repeating calader events just to remind me either) The built in Tasks app is actually simple and good enough but Palms mistake was not making it able to do alerts or show a display anywhere in the Treo other than the Agenda view in calander. Everyone eother always leave their treo on either the Phone app or maybe launcher. So I just think it would bring the Treo together a little more as far as useability.
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    With just a link in the ibar you wouldnt know the amount of tasks you have to do so it would defeat the porpouse. Plus I dont like putting things in the calander that I need to do cause if I dont do it that day its gone the next and I forget. ( I hate making repeating calader events just to remind me either) The built in Tasks app is actually simple and good enough but Palms mistake was not making it able to do alerts or show a display anywhere in the Treo other than the Agenda view in calander. Everyone eother always leave their treo on either the Phone app or maybe launcher. So I just think it would bring the Treo together a little more as far as useability.
    I agree with OLD_HATCH. I rarely use Tasks. If I want to set up a 'Task/To Do' I usually just set up an appointment with No time set, or even as a Floating event. I don't have my appointments show up in TAKEphONE. I like my TAKEphONE display to be clutter free (it shows my smiley face skin much better!) I would say my 2 most often apps are TAKEphONE and 2day.

Also check out the

Verizon Treo 755p