Page 27 of 58 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by randallwise View Post
    Yes and yes...

Palm Phone app flashes and then it's about 3 seconds until the TakePhone app comes alive.
    Mine does this as well. I think the palm phone program owns the phone part, it will always return to it after a call no matter what 3rd party app you use. I just switch to takephone manually. Takes the same time, but feels like doing something not waiting -- also I don't always want to go directly to takephone.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    There's a setting in Preferences, Treo, near middle bottom, select from the dropdown menu "Return after ALL calls".
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by randallwise View Post
    Yes and yes...

I downloaded the latest update today, but still, after ending a call the Palm Phone app flashes and then it's about 3 seconds until the TakePhone app comes alive.

Thanks for your quick response...

RSW

Thats odd. I have no problems on returning to takephone after a call ends. For me it usually goes like this.

I or the other person hang up

call ended popup comes up

back to takephone

all this in about a two seconds.

What phone and carrier do you have? The only time i ever see the default phone app is when I reset or go to it manually. oh and the odd time you get a missed call/mms window while on call.
    The native phone app flashes for a second, then it's just a white screen for about 2.5 secs, and then TakePhone comes alive.

I have 'Return after ALL calls' set in preferences. I've also tried turning off other apps, Bluetooth, etc.

RSW
    are u using phone technician with the stay put option... there was an bug in that in which a new release was made to resolve issue

takes u back to default phone screen bug

http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php?to...;topicseen#new
    Last edited by italiangspot; 04/09/2008 at 10:29 AM.
    Yeah are you sing any apps that automaticly put you somewhere after a phone call like phoneswitch.

or any app that does things automaticly for that matter?
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    Yeah are you sing any apps that automaticly put you somewhere after a phone call like phoneswitch.

or any app that does things automaticly for that matter?
    Not that I'm aware. I've never used a phone app before. PocketTunes, a few games, nothing crazy. I have Garmin installed but not running. I did a reset to see if it would resolve but no go.

RSW
    Due to my desire to keep the current application "active," I use Phone Technician and have TakePhone set not to return after the call is terminated. Works well most of the time.

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Due to my desire to keep the current application "active," I use Phone Technician and have TakePhone set not to return after the call is terminated. Works well most of the time.

Ben
    I don't know what you're referring to w/ Phone Technician and 'active' current app.

RSW
    Do I need to do something special to upgrade? I'm running 7.55 release 40, and want to install 57. When I try to hotsync, the installer tells me I already have that file on my Treo (700p). But the screen still says 40. I tried an over the air download, told it to replace the current version, but the about screen still says 40.

????
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE View Post
    Hi,

I use a proprietary library I wrote to accomplish the transparent Treo icons (that's where the problem is - the Bluetooth, Radio & Battery).

I am of course willing to share with the developer the interface to use my library.
    That's good news. Any chance you may share the library? Thanks~
    am i a geek to get excited about my two favorite phone program developers talking to each other?
    Hi,

This is strange indeed - I soo no such delay, too.
    Did you install the pnoJpegLib.prc file from the TAKEphONE ZIP ?
    Sorry it took so long for me to respond, but yes. I do have that file installed. I'm using a 700p, so maybe this is just part of the general slowness of that device.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I get a reset everytime when I try to send a contact .. vcard .. full details and select chattermail ....
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    I get a reset everytime when I try to send a contact .. vcard .. full details and select chattermail ....
    Been discussed already. You can only send Text - Name and phone or Text - phone only when sending via Chatter.
    I'll try and find the discussion for ya.

Post 170:
    Hi all,

Regarding the "Send contact" feature:

I am using the OBEX (Object Exchange) library which is part of the Palm OS for this. This yields some results:

1. The "Messaging" app - although it reports itself as capable of handling this, pops up the "Can not handle..." error message when actually called to do it. I will have to block it from appearing in the list to avoid confusion.

2. ChatterEmail seems to have a bug in handling this (as I was told once by the developer). Since it is no longer supported - I think it will not be fixed, so maybe I should block this one, too...

3. The SMS application does not support the interface on its own, but there is a free utility called "send with SMS" that wraps the built-in app with this OBEX interface. Maybe I will just supply it within the TAKEphONE ZIP.

4. Seems when working with emails apps, the VCF format is forced. Will see if I can find a way around this.

Thanks
    Post 183
    Hi all,

New version - 7.55 (036) - posted at www.shsh.com/beta

- Display: some more minor fixes for long title display.

- Send contact: use my own code in stead of the
    "Send with SMS" utility to send contacts via SMS.

- Send contact: when used with an email app -
    allow sending plain text format (not vCard).

- Send contact: filter out "Messaging" app,
    since it does not allow us to send.

- General: some changes to make the
    TAKEphONE.prc smaller.

Thanks.
    Last edited by NachoB; 04/10/2008 at 09:40 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Sorry it took so long for me to respond, but yes. I do have that file installed. I'm using a 700p, so maybe this is just part of the general slowness of that device.
    I defiantly notice some lag on my 700p but I don't see the Palm phone app flash. I think I've seen around one of the forums that this is 680 issue.

I just live with the delays.

You may want to check out the threads on upgrading your 700p to a 755 (flash it with the 755 ROM via SD Card following the carrier specific directions. - the guts are the same on both devices - I can't "upgrade' this way for now as they only have the Sprint Image but if your on Sprint its like FREE upgrade. May work on Verizon for you but I use some of the Verizon service to sync my corporate lotus notes email and I'm concerned that I will loose my ability to tether my phone as a modem using VZAccess Manager. If you don't care about any of these or other Verizon branded apps it probably would be a good move. People report much better performance using the 700p as a 755.

Andy
    good looking out nachoB i have been spending too much time on the takephone skin page instead of this one... haha
  18.    #538  
    Quote Originally Posted by horace View Post
    That's good news. Any chance you may share the library? Thanks~
    Hi,

Email me (contact(at)shsh(dot)com)
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Shimon

Is there a way for Takephone to recognize when alerts have been cleared in the alert window while not in the Takephone app?
  20.    #540  
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    Shimon

Is there a way for Takephone to recognize when alerts have been cleared in the alert window while not in the Takephone app?
    Hi,

If you mean system alerts - they should be read and cleared.
    If you mean the voicemail and/or missed calls - afraid the answer is no.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com