Page 26 of 58 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
    Thanks treotraveler. I was thinking that it would be like ZLauncher....... with ZLauncher, I can store my themes/backgrounds etc on my card. If I decide to use a theme or background, ZLauncher will bring it to RAM. When I want to change, I just have to select a different theme/background, and ZLauncher will put the previous theme/background back on the card.

I just wanted to make sure that deleting skins on a daily basis (since I seem to change my skins so much, LOL!) wouldn't harm (corrupt) my original skins.
    ^

I have never seen a corruption from copying from an orginal placed on the device or card.

You can get a corruption from a copy that was made from a copy, that was made from a copy, that was made from a copy and so on....

Make sense?

I can't decide on what skin I want to use either. So I keep changing skins and clock skins. The Pirate clock skin looks real nice with the OP Teal skin and the Blue vGlass custom skin, as well as the Pirate skin....

I think I will have to check out the Pirate clock with the Brown vGlass OHD2 skin. I'll bet it looks good with that one too...

Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    I have never seen a corruption from copying from an orginal placed on the device or card.

You can get a corruption from a copy that was made from a copy, that was made from a copy, that was made from a copy and so on....

Make sense?
    Of course it makes sense.......... reminds me of this movie.
    Problem with 4Cast plugin for both TAKEphONE and DBk6. Both of the programs started show -999 for current temperate, even though 4Cast itself shows the proper temperature. This happened today (April 8 2008) and I've added no new software other than the latest beta of TAKEphONE, yesterday.

I find if I delete 4CAST cities and 4CAST prefs and then restore yesterday's version it shows correctly, until the next time I update 4Cast whereapon it show -999 for current temp in the plugins!

Help!
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    I am getting the 999 degrees problem reflected with the 4cast plugin in the latest beta as well. I was not having this issue before this beta and the temperature is correct in 4cast.

Also, would it be possible to get a transparent clock skin in the font of the standard clock skin? That is included in the zip file named Clock HR skin?
    Regards, RoninKSB
    Some of us have experienced this problem now and then. Shimon responded somewhere in this thread about that. We've only had this problem when updating 4Cast via wireless, however, updating via hotsync then everything is fine.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I have seen others post about the 4cast -999 temp problem before, but I didn't have the problem until today. I installed the latest TakePhone beta yesterday, and 4cast was working fine. Today, I am getting the -999 degree reading in both TakePhone and 2day.

My 4cast is setup to do a wireless update every 3 hours, FWIW.
  8.    #508  
    Hi,

Seems those early reports of -999 were signs of the coming storm...

Seems Yahoo are changing (again...) the format of data their server sends out. I am working to adapt 4cast to the new format asap.

Sorry for the hassle.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Well FWIW

I think this -999 temp showing in TakePhone is a Yahoo error.

I updated weather today, and it shows -999 in TakePhone, 2Day and Initiate Launcher.

It did not show -999 yesterday in TP 755 build 57 or 2Day or Initiate.

Its fixed now with the new 4cast update 1.90(01) thanks Shimon!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  11.    #511  
    Hi,

Seems Yahoo changed the format in which
    their servers send out weather information.

To enable 4cast to work with the new format -
    please get the latest version from
    www.shsh.com/beta

Thanks.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE View Post
    Hi,

www.shsh.com/beta

Thanks.
    Shimon,

seems to work on the treo wirelessly, but not via hotsync
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    I tried Ultimate Phone but it has too many shortcomings. Uninstalled after 30 days. TakePhone is an excellent application, but the one reason I am close to getting rid of it is due to the delay after calls. After I hang up each call it takes almost 4 seconds to get back to TakePhone! This just doesn't work.

Is this common? Known issue? Any resolve?

Thanks

RSW
    Hi,

www.shsh.com/beta

Thanks.
    Woking fine here.

Tks Shimon
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by randallwise View Post
    I tried Ultimate Phone but it has too many shortcomings. Uninstalled after 30 days. TakePhone is an excellent application, but the one reason I am close to getting rid of it is due to the delay after calls. After I hang up each call it takes almost 4 seconds to get back to TakePhone! This just doesn't work.

Thanks

RSW
    I have a slight delay, but I'm not entirely sure that it's ALL due to TAKEphONE. Even still, I don't mind it because I LOVE using TAKEphONE.
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Shimon,

Yep, same here.......... wireless, but not hotsync. (I'm using a Treo 755p)
    No problems here....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  18.    #518  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Shimon,

Hi,

Yes - still did not update the HotSync. Hope to be able to make it today.

Sorry.
    Shimon Shnitzer
  19.    #519  
    Quote Originally Posted by randallwise View Post

Thanks

RSW
    Hi,

Are you using the latest version from www.shsh.com/beta ?
    It should load faster if you install it, and the pnoJpegLib.prc file that comes within the ZIP file.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Hi,

Are you using the latest version from www.shsh.com/beta ?
    It should load faster if you install it, and the pnoJpegLib.prc file that comes within the ZIP file.
    Yes and yes...

I downloaded the latest update today, but still, after ending a call the Palm Phone app flashes and then it's about 3 seconds until the TakePhone app comes alive.

Thanks for your quick response...

RSW