Page 23 of 58 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 1160
  1. gearhead's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    #441  
    Shimon:

    Thanks for all of the recent upgrades! I really like the 4cast add-in. I use FontSmoother to reduce the font size in TakePhone so that I can read names more clearly and see more info on the screen. With that, the 4cast plugin tries to display more than one line of data, giving me two overlapping lines of forecast. Is there any way you can force 4cast to only display the first line of data?

    Thanks!
  2. #442  
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    since we are spicing things up with the look of things...

    i couldnt get a snapshot of takephone with the battery popup but u can try yourself.. tap on the battery and see the plane popup.... i was able to add a pic of 2day and its plain battery popup...


    if i hit the battery icon on my sms page or my launcher page it shows a nice graphical one... i think it is coming from palmrevolt...

    why does takephone and 2day block my nice popup and show its 1980 style one...haha

    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e5...tterypopup.jpg

    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e5...ypopup0000.jpg
    shimon any thoughts on this
  3. roninksb's Avatar
    Posts
    90 Posts
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    #443  
    I might as well throw in my 2 cents.

    I also would love to see wordwrap for the address, e-mail, etc. fields.

    I do have another feature request. The find features in TAKEphONE are some of its most compelling features, what I would like to see is some kind of one button or at least a menu shortcut to access the preferences for the "Field" search preferences (something similar to the way you can switch to Turbo would be good). I appreciate that menu+R defaults to the preference page with these settings when returning to the program but to me this has 3 drawbacks for usability (1) it is not 5 way nav supported and (2) there are other settings on the page and (3) it is not conducive to frequent changes, changing the settings this way is more suited to a permanent. On this last point, the analogy that comes to mind is the filter on the call log screen, if access to the filter was in a preference page it would be a lot less likely to be used. What I would like is a quick way to change the search parameters and then change them back to my chosen default/most frequently used parameter as set on the Find preference page.

    I hope what I am trying to describe is clear. As always, thanks for an excellent piece of software.
    Regards, RoninKSB
  4. #444  
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    if i hit the battery icon on my sms page or my launcher page it shows a nice graphical one... i think it is coming from palmrevolt
    I tried the AquLite Palmrevolt skin, as you suggested, but it didn't change the battery indicator. By any chance would you have another hack installed, that palmrevolt is plugging into (or vice-versa), in order to get the battery graphic? Just a thought.
    Check out http://mcentreville.deviantart.com/ for skins and wallpapers for TAKEphONE.
  5. #445  
    hmm wow.. i thought it was coming from palm revolt...

    now i have to think about where its coming from...

    powerhero...?
    dont think hi-lighter...
    fontsmoother/fonts4os5..no
    netskinner
    skinner .. disbabled dont think coming from there
    treolauncher...

    wow i am stumped right now.. will have to try and investigate where its coming from.. i like that it is there though...haha
  6. #446  
    I think its palmrevolt. I use skinUI myself though. Try disabling palm revolt or unloading the skin and see if it goes away.


    italiangspot

    Try this one, I tweaked it a little plus it matches with NachoB's Black Plastic takephone skin.(The attached is for palmrevolt or skinui not takephone. sorry)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by OLD_HATCH; 04/03/2008 at 12:13 PM.
  7. #447  
    I like the check marks.. i need to try and figure out how to do that to the other one i have..

    is the black theme u referring to the one called black here

    http://www.shsh.com/skins/main_skins.htm
  8.    #448  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoninKSB View Post
    I might as well throw in my 2 cents.

    I also would love to see wordwrap for the address, e-mail, etc. fields.

    I do have another feature request. The find features in TAKEphONE are some of its most compelling features, what I would like to see is some kind of one button or at least a menu shortcut to access the preferences for the "Field" search preferences (something similar to the way you can switch to Turbo would be good). I appreciate that menu+R defaults to the preference page with these settings when returning to the program but to me this has 3 drawbacks for usability (1) it is not 5 way nav supported and (2) there are other settings on the page and (3) it is not conducive to frequent changes, changing the settings this way is more suited to a permanent. On this last point, the analogy that comes to mind is the filter on the call log screen, if access to the filter was in a preference page it would be a lot less likely to be used. What I would like is a quick way to change the search parameters and then change them back to my chosen default/most frequently used parameter as set on the Find preference page.

    I hope what I am trying to describe is clear. As always, thanks for an excellent piece of software.
    Hi,

    Nice thinking. I have added this to my list, although I am not sure when I will be able to do it.

    Thanks.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  9. #449  
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    I like the check marks.. i need to try and figure out how to do that to the other one i have..

    is the black theme u referring to the one called black here

    http://www.shsh.com/skins/main_skins.htm
    Yes that is the one.


    If I ever have a chance to do that for myself about adding check marks etc I'll let you know.
  10. #450  
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    I think its palmrevolt. I use skinUI myself though. Try disabling palm revolt or unloading the skin and see if it goes away.


    italiangspot

    Try this one, I tweaked it a little plus it matches with NachoB's Black Plastic takephone skin.(The attached is for palmrevolt or skinui not takephone. sorry)
    There's also a "Plastic Black" Takephone skin that I did, not on Takephone's site, but you can find it at my download site (see the signature for the link). NachoB's is also good.
    Check out http://mcentreville.deviantart.com/ for skins and wallpapers for TAKEphONE.
  11. #451  
    Shimon,

    When I initially use Takephone, I am able to scroll right or left with my 5 way nav to get to favorties, call log. etc.

    However, if i press up to get to the ibar or down to get to 4cast or calendar, I can no longer use the 5 way nav to scroll right or left to get to favorties, call log, etc.

    v7.55 (0550

    TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  12. #452  
    There's a setting, in Preferences, Buttons and Navigation, on top, that you can set how long the focus will stay. Set it to 2 and the focus will quickly be returned to the tabs.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  13. #453  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    There's a setting, in Preferences, Buttons and Navigation, on top, that you can set how long the focus will stay. Set it to 2 and the focus will quickly be returned to the tabs.
    Tks for the info NachoB,
    I guess I never had to be concerned with that in that I never had anything below the main area of the find screen. And you used to be able to scroll immediately with the nav button.
    Tks again, I've changed my setting.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  14. roninksb's Avatar
    Posts
    90 Posts
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    #454  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE View Post

    I have added this to my list, although I am not sure when I will be able to do it.
    Just glad it is list worthy.
    Regards, RoninKSB
  15. #455  
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Tks for the info NachoB,
    I guess I never had to be concerned with that in that I never had anything below the main area of the find screen. And you used to be able to scroll immediately with the nav button.
    Tks again, I've changed my setting.
    No problem, us users are here to help eachother.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  16. TRgEOff's Avatar
    Posts
    589 Posts
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    #456  
    Hi Shimon

    that new built-in screen (well its new to me anyway!) is way sexy. Really lifts the experience, esp since I have the Speed-dial page set to #1 for the Phone button (i use it as the app launcher for my most popular apps).

    I really like the new clock, and am now using it as my main way to check time (i dont use a watch).

    For anyone else who is thinking of doing this: you first need to uncheck the box "Remember last search" in the TP Find screen prefs. This clears the Find area (after exiting TP), making sure the Clock loads next time youre back in TP.

    cheers
    geoff

    Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
  17. #457  
    Shimon,

    I'm having difficulty getting the email and sms indicators to reflect the actual number of email and sms messages I have. For example, I would receive three new emails but the email indicator still remains blank, not even a zero. And when I get sms messages, the sms indicator still remains zero. I've set the following settings in the Helpers menu: mail: snappermail, sms: message

    Any hint. This happens with all the built I've tried. Thanks.
  18. jin5's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    #458  
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3182/...fec255623e.jpg
    my 4cast shows 0 0 degrees for san francisco, which in turns shows 0 0 on takephone as well. ;(i've uninstalled reinstalled 2-3 times already. this is on a recent hard reset centro
  19. #459  
    Shimon, I have a suggestion for you. Certainly not critical thing, but...

    One of the few annoyances I have is that scrolling through the list of skins is painfully, awfully, terribly slow, because TakePhone wants to show the preview for each skin as it goes by. If I'm looking for a skin that's way down the list, waiting for all these previews is a waste.

    Would it be possible to delay the preview until the cursor has remained on a selection for a second or two? That way it would be possible to scroll quickly through the list, while still being able to see a preview, when desired, without much delay.

    Thanks,

    Bob
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  20. #460  
    Mine scrolls just fine. There doesn't seem to be a delay.

Posting Permissions