Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by brianarodgers View Post
    anyway to use the i-bar to get to an app on SD card?
    Hi,

Afraid not at the moment.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE View Post
    Can they be selected in the system "Prefs" app - at the "Default apps" section ?
    No they cannot....the only option I have is "Messaging". I was hoping TakePhone would allow me to change that option.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by newworld View Post
    No they cannot....the only option I have is "Messaging". I was hoping TakePhone would allow me to change that option.
    Do you have those apps installed in main memory (not on the sd card) ?

If yes - then afraid they probably do not support the "helper" interface - defined by Palm - to allow launching from other apps.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    I have a question about takephone. I downloaded it the other day and hotsynced it to my centro. The takephone screens come up whenever I press the phone button and everything but when I take a call and hang up, the palm dial pad shows back up, not the takephone dial pad. If I hit the phone button again it will go back to the takephone dial pad. Is this a glitch, did I do something wrong or is it supposed to do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3 View Post
    From the TP Manual
    Turbo mode
    You can activate “Turbo” search to get a much faster search. When this option is selected,
    the search is done using the built-in address-book sorted list (You can configure the addressbook
    database to be sorted in one of two ways: “Last Name, then First Name” or “Company,
    then Last Name”). Since the search is done on a sorted list, it is VERY FAST, but – it is
    limited to the fields mentioned above.
    Note: This search works like the built-in address-book lookup, with one difference – while the
    built-in address-book lookup only searches the first field (“Last Name” or “Company”,
    dependent on the sort order you defined in the address-book preferences), TAKEphONE
    allows narrowing down the search results by tapping the “…And…” button while doing a
    “Keypad” search, or by entering a space. This will divide the search string into two, so both
    fields used for the sort can be searched. This button appears only after you tapped the first
    search text.
    Example: If you enter “ABC”, “DEF”, “…And…”, “GHI”, “JKL”, then the software will look for
    “ABC”, “DEF” in the first field (“Last Name” or “Company”), and for “GHI”, “JKL” in the second
    field (“First Name” or “Last Name”).
    Yet another note: You can toggle “Turbo” mode ON/Off using from the popup list by
    tapping the categories selector. The current state is shown on the categories selector – when
    it is ON you will see:
     Page
    Thanks btw, just had a chance to post now...
    From the TakePhone preferences: Look under Treo - and down toward the bottom is a drop down menu - select the one you want. If you use an application such as Phone Technician, you just gotta set it to "Do not return after calls." Ben

Quote Originally Posted by hollieplus2 View Post
    I have a question about takephone. I downloaded it the other day and hotsynced it to my centro. The takephone screens come up whenever I press the phone button and everything but when I take a call and hang up, the palm dial pad shows back up, not the takephone dial pad. If I hit the phone button again it will go back to the takephone dial pad. Is this a glitch, did I do something wrong or is it supposed to do that?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I just installed 7.55 on my treo and when I click on the email icon, it always brings up the palm mail application instead of VersaMail. I've gone into the preferences and set it to bring up and I have 3 options; messaging, email & mail. No matter which one I choose, the palm mail application seems to get launched.

Any suggestions?
    Which set of preferences are you changing? There is a set in TAKEphONE. There is also a set in the general prefs for your treo. You might need to check that one too. You should be able to find it under the Pref App.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I'm trying to set the one in TakePhone. I already have VersaMail set as the application for email on the phone.

--Steve
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by sgarelick View Post
    I'm trying to set the one in TakePhone. I already have VersaMail set as the application for email on the phone.

--Steve
    Hi,

You need to change the setting in the SYSTEM "Prefs" application.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    When i'm in TakePhone and highlight a contact and click, is there a way to use the 5 way naviagtor to scroll down the contact's info? I can use the side buttons, but would find it easier to use the up/down navigational device.

Additionally, when I'm in a contact's page and click "Open" at the bottom of the page, it takes me to the main page in "Find" as opposed to the contact's edit page.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by brianarodgers; 01/15/2008 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Edit:Figured it out via the Manual.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by brianarodgers View Post
    When i'm in TakePhone and highlight a contact and click, is there a way to use the 5 way naviagtor to scroll down the contact's info? I can use the side buttons, but would find it easier to use the up/down navigational device.

Additionally, when I'm in a contact's page and click "Open" at the bottom of the page, it takes me to the main page in "Find" as opposed to the contact's edit page.

Any thoughts?
    Hi,

5way nav should work, too. You should be able to see any non-empty field.

Regarding the "Open" button - what do you have defined for this in TAKEphONE "Helpers" preferences page ? it should be "Contacts" by default.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    AH, the Helpers! Got it, thanks!
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Are there any plans to incorporate a 4cast plug-in into TAKEphONE? This would be a great addition to the main screen of TP, I think.
    My TakePhone main screen is busy enough. There is frankly not a lot of real estate left to put anything of value. Ben
    I agree!

I love TAKEphone. My own wish is that it would "overrule" the regular "phone" setting and not have to shuffle through the original "phone" setting to get to TakePhone. I also have the "home" button set up to go to TAKEphone, but of course, when I hit the home button, it goes to the "applications" page for a sec before going to TAKEphone. Anyway to overrule that?
    Quote Originally Posted by peridoc View Post
    Are there any plans to incorporate a 4cast plug-in into TAKEphONE? This would be a great addition to the main screen of TP, I think.
    Yea just a small thing. I think that would be amazing if they did that!
    Sprint Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinner23 View Post
    I agree!
    I love TAKEphone. My own wish is that it would "overrule" the regular "phone" setting and not have to shuffle through the original "phone" setting to get to TakePhone. I also have the "home" button set up to go to TAKEphone, but of course, when I hit the home button, it goes to the "applications" page for a sec before going to TAKEphone. Anyway to overrule that?
    I'm not quite sure what you are doing. I think you want it to run when you press the phone button. If so, go into the prefs for Takephone and goto the Using the Phone button tab. You will want the launch takephone checked. Down below in the list, reorder and/or disable the sequence for the loop.

Of course if you have it mapped to the home button, you are using another program that will pretty much override anything which is probably causing some issues too.
    4cast would be handy in takephone. I have the screen realestate for it.
    Just a note here, the ability to not go back to Takephone is very important when running a couple of other applications, one being Phone Technician. This allows PT to keep the current application active when a call is terminated, otherwise, TP comes up.

Ben
Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast