Page 13 of 58 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
    I like the i-bar the way it is, but then there aren't but a handful of people I call anyway.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  2.    #242  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I like the i-bar the way it is, but then there aren't but a handful of people I call anyway.
    Hi,

i-Bar as it is will stay.

What I am considering is adding another toggle to the ALT key to loop through "List" view (with single i-Bar row), "buttons" view (on-screen keypad), and "full i-Bar" view.

Or - allow the use of the Redial screen as a "full i-Bar" screen, the users can set it to be the main screen, and pressing any letter/digit while in it will go to FIND screen.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE View Post
    Hi,

What I am considering is adding another toggle to the ALT key to loop through "List" view (with single i-Bar row), "buttons" view (on-screen keypad), and "full i-Bar" view.

Or - allow the use of the Redial screen as a "full i-Bar" screen, the users can set it to be the main screen, and pressing any letter/digit while in it will go to FIND screen.
    I vote for redial or call log screen being full ibar. I don't think I ever use those screens.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    I like the i-Bar. My main pics there are the 5 people I mostly call or send text messages to. Not only is it convenient for me to have the i-Bar there, but I love being able to look at the pics! I can easily scroll to my next set of pics on the i-Bar if I need to.

Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    ......WOW... that is superb csr support... shimon answered every ? asked....
    Yep, Shimon is awesome! He's very attentive, and not only does he answer questions in the forums, but also via e-mail! You should check out his other products too at ShSh.com. I've been using his 4Cast app for years now. (In February, I went from a Z72 to my Treo 755p. I had lost my 4Cast reg. code, but was able to email Shimon and get it!) I bought TAKEphONE after reading so many wonderful reviews. Then I bought "2day", even though I use Datebk6, which has it's own "Today", because I trust Shimon, AND I like the layout and ease of use of "2day", so I happily bought it! My next purchase will probably be his "2Dial" app.
    I will also agree Shimon rules!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Hi,

this is EXACTLY what i stated in a previous reply. this would be superb
    Do you mean the redial screen would look more like this?

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...ne/newibar.jpg
    Last edited by NachoB; 03/16/2008 at 05:53 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Hi,

I wish the lag can be made smaller, too.
    The reason for the lag is TAKEphONE is around 490k, and loading this to launch on the NVFS file system takes time.

I am doing my best to try and make it smaller (managed to take it down from 550k to 490k on the last version update), but not sure how low can I get.

I guess the reason why the built-in app launches faster is it's smaller (in features, too...), written in native code (which I cant do), and resides in ROM (which I wish I could do - if Palm would buy it...).
    Is it possible to implement some type of cache file like most of the launcher programs do to address the delay? For example, as I recall (have not used it in awhile) nearly half of the memory taken up by ZLauncher is a cache file.

Also, I think implementing a full screen i-Bar on the Redial page is a great idea, even after seeing NachoB's scary rendering.
    Regards, RoninKSB
  9.    #249  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoninKSB View Post
    Is it possible to implement some type of cache file like most of the launcher programs do to address the delay? For example, as I recall (have not used it in awhile) nearly half of the memory taken up by ZLauncher is a cache file.

Also, I think implementing a full screen i-Bar on the Redial page is a great idea, even after seeing NachoB's scary rendering.
    Hi,

Not sure a cache file would help - at least not if you're using the built-in skin & wallpaper - then those file are already "cached" (in the main app).

Most of the space taken by "real" code.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    A couple of questions:

In the find detail screen (showing numbers and emails, etc) email addresses are frequently too long to fit in the space provided. This doesn't matter if I'm going to email from my Treo, but if I'm just looking up an address it's a pain. Would it be possible to wrap the address, or to display it without the "email" label to the left (using the entire width of the display for the email addy)? Of maybe when an email address is selected, the entire value could be displayed in some way?

In a totally different area, there are some emails in this thread dealing with load times. IIRC, loading the skin or wallpaper off the card slows things down. Some other apps (like the native phone app, or Treo Launcher), allow wallpaper to be stored on the card, but load the selected (and only the selected) file in RAM. This lets users keep lots of wallpaper files around to switch between, without using up a lot of RAM for those files. (And without forcing the user to keep swapping them between the card and RAM.)

Would it be possible to do this with the skins and wallpaper for Takephone?

Great app. My payment will be in your hands shortly.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    NachoB:

Great wallpaper and skins! I recently discovered both TakePhone and TreoLauncher, and love your work. I do have a request, though:

Any chance of making a blue version of your green star tracks skin for TP? I'm just not that into green, somehow.

Thanks!
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...70/newibar.jpg
    Looks good.........although, as much as I like (more like am crazy about) smileys........ THAT one looks possessed, LOL! I'd definitely change that smiley.
  13.    #253  
    In the find detail screen (showing numbers and emails, etc) email addresses are frequently too long to fit in the space provided. This doesn't matter if I'm going to email from my Treo, but if I'm just looking up an address it's a pain. Would it be possible to wrap the address, or to display it without the "email" label to the left (using the entire width of the display for the email addy)? Of maybe when an email address is selected, the entire value could be displayed in some way?

>>> You are right, I will try to think of a way to show them better.

In a totally different area, there are some emails in this thread dealing with load times. IIRC, loading the skin or wallpaper off the card slows things down. Some other apps (like the native phone app, or Treo Launcher), allow wallpaper to be stored on the card, but load the selected (and only the selected) file in RAM. This lets users keep lots of wallpaper files around to switch between, without using up a lot of RAM for those files. (And without forcing the user to keep swapping them between the card and RAM.)

Would it be possible to do this with the skins and wallpaper for Takephone?

>>> The main delay loading TAKEphONE does not come from the
    >>> skins/wallpapers - the delay is almost the same if you use the
    >>> built-in skin (which resides in the code itself).
    >>> The delay is caused by the fact that the TAKEphONE code itself
    >>> is quite big (well - in terms of the NVFS memory system).

Great app. My payment will be in your hands shortly.

>>> Thanks.
    Shimon Shnitzer

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...70/newibar.jpg
    PERFECT !
    This would mean I would have to a photo of everyone I call or who calls me. There isn't enough space in those squares to display names and numbers.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by Delpita View Post
    Looks good.........although, as much as I like (more like am crazy about) smileys........ THAT one looks possessed, LOL! I'd definitely change that smiley.
    Okay you, hush!!

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Okay you, hush!!
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    NachoB:

Great wallpaper and skins! I recently discovered both TakePhone and TreoLauncher, and love your work. I do have a request, though:

Any chance of making a blue version of your green star tracks skin for TP? I'm just not that into green, somehow.

Thanks!
    What shade of blue do you have in mind? Try the below wallpaper with the skin posted here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...90#post1419190

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...t_sky_blue.jpg
    Last edited by NachoB; 03/16/2008 at 06:33 PM.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by Delpita View Post
    Don't stick it out unless you plan on using it.. Hahah, J/K

Palm Pre wallpapers
    This would mean I would have to a photo of everyone I call or who calls me. There isn't enough space in those squares to display names and numbers.
    not everyone... just the top 20 people u call

u dontr need there number..u should know them by face.....

maybe that tab could be option, show redial or ibar then

options are always good for a program, haha