Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    Shimon,

In Preferences, Find, I have "If single match - Open Details" unchecked and
    "If 10 or less - Open Zoom" checked.

If I do a search to a single match I'm taken to the Details screen of that person. Is this supposed to happen with the above settings?

If I uncheck "If 10 or less.." then I'm not taken to the details screen.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    with all these new custome advances with takephone.. i wonder if it is possible for u shimon, to add the option to make font color anything we want from color pallet... not just the choice of black and white....

what u think?

also, i think as soon as u start typing.. to perform a search.... the ibar should disappear... utilizing the full screen.. obviously if u are searching, u are not going to use the ibar at that time

what u think?
    Last edited by italiangspot; 03/14/2008 at 10:17 AM.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    i think takephone is great, but if the lag can be fixed even a little, that would be excellent!
    i must be spoiled by how fast a stock palm os is.
    Last edited by jin5; 03/14/2008 at 02:01 PM.
    Same here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinner23 View Post
    Sounds like I know who designed the Aapdquick app...^
    !
    !
    If you mean me, then no, you're wrong. But it's a great little app. My 12 most used apps are launched from 3 hard button, no matter what app I'm in. No need to switch to a launcher first, then choose the app I want. No need to scroll through a list of most recently used apps. They're always in the same place, activated quickly and simply the same exact way every time.

It's the simplest, most elegant way to lauch apps I've found, and I've tried at least a dozen different launchers.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    go to menu/preferences
    "using the phone button"
    of couse make sure that launch takephone is unchecked
    then click drop down next to while in takephone : DO NOTHING

CAN also make sure all items in list have an X next to them disabled... or u can pick the 2nd press of phone button to launch a application...Aardquick

DBlplus is another application to launch multiple apps from hard buttons, including DAs
    AhHA! Thank you. I missed that "do nothing" drop down.

Now it's perfect. My purchase is iminent.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I was teasing you, but it does sound like a great app. I use Butler Keylauncher and really love it for the same reason-use 1 key to get to what i need, no need to go to a launcher THEN select the app-one button launches it.
    does anyone beam numbers anymore these days?

can me make that icon which says send on a contact details page popup a window for sending options..bluetooth/sms/email....? or choose what we want that button to default to..like sms

why is it defaulted to beam...

i havent beamed since the ealry 90's...lol

what does use "EXT" button to enter__? mean
    what is the EXT button

prob a dumb ? but its going over my head

pref/misc.1

can me make that icon which says send on a contact details page popup a window for sending options..bluetooth/sms/email....? or choose what we want that button to default to..like sms

what is the EXT button

pref/misc.1
    goto pref misc1 on the bottom check bean = send, you should get a popup just like you want. Don't know how to set default action, besides beam.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    perfect that corrected that issue...

u know anything about this setting?

what is the EXT button
    Anyone have i-bar issues on centros?

I'm having a strange problem on mine where out of nowhere the first slecetion (which is a contact speedial pic on the far left over the phone button,slot 0) will be dialed! I cant seem to duplicate it and dont know if its a bad move by me not noticing, (not touching screen though) or if its a glitch in the takephone program.

Ive tried the official release of 7.55 and several betas including 28/36/39/40 and still the odd dialing of the first ibar speedial happens.

I have left the first ibar selection slot empty to see if it stops.

Anyone else have that happen?
    No issue on the 700P. All my accidental dials have been my fault
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Have you checked to see if there is any debris around the bezel that may be causing pressure on the touchscreen?
    lol

I don't have any probs on my 700p either with this, but on the wifes centro it does. Changed and deleted the contact in slot 0 on the ibar and still happens.

Ijust cleaned the screen again and added another screen protector a couple of days ago and it still happened.

Strange.....
  15.    #235  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Shimon,

In Preferences, Find, I have "If single match - Open Details" unchecked and
    "If 10 or less - Open Zoom" checked.

If I do a search to a single match I'm taken to the Details screen of that person. Is this supposed to happen with the above settings?

If I uncheck "If 10 or less.." then I'm not taken to the details screen.
    Hi,

You are right. Will check.

Thanks.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  16.    #236  
    with all these new custome advances with takephone.. i wonder if it is possible for u shimon, to add the option to make font color anything we want from color pallet... not just the choice of black and white....

what u think?

also, i think as soon as u start typing.. to perform a search.... the ibar should disappear... utilizing the full screen.. obviously if u are searching, u are not going to use the ibar at that time

what u think?
    Hi,

Text font color - not right now - will add it to the list.

Disappearing i-Bar - nice idea. Will consider this.
    (or maybe do the "i-Bar instead of redial screen", then start typing to go to FIND screen ?)
    Shimon Shnitzer
  17.    #237  
    Quote Originally Posted by jin5 View Post
    i think takephone is great, but if the lag can be fixed even a little, that would be excellent!
    i must be spoiled by how fast a stock palm os is.
    Hi,

I wish the lag can be made smaller, too.
    The reason for the lag is TAKEphONE is around 490k, and loading this to launch on the NVFS file system takes time.

I am doing my best to try and make it smaller (managed to take it down from 550k to 490k on the last version update), but not sure how low can I get.

I guess the reason why the built-in app launches faster is it's smaller (in features, too...), written in native code (which I cant do), and resides in ROM (which I wish I could do - if Palm would buy it...).
    Shimon Shnitzer
  18.    #238  

what is the EXT button

pref/misc.1
    Hi,

I agree - I will change the "beam-send" option to default to YES.

Regarding the Ext option - it is not relevant to Treo users.
    It's meant for users using TAKEphONE on a non-phone Palm device, making calls via Bluetooth or IrDA to a cellular phone. Allows them to change the "hard pause" character sent to the cellphone to anything specific.
    Shimon Shnitzer
  19.    #239  
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    Anyone have i-bar issues on centros?

I'm having a strange problem on mine where out of nowhere the first slecetion (which is a contact speedial pic on the far left over the phone button,slot 0) will be dialed! I cant seem to duplicate it and dont know if its a bad move by me not noticing, (not touching screen though) or if its a glitch in the takephone program.

Ive tried the official release of 7.55 and several betas including 28/36/39/40 and still the odd dialing of the first ibar speedial happens.

I have left the first ibar selection slot empty to see if it stops.

Anyone else have that happen?
    Hi,

I had a user once report that when he used the on-screen "Hangup" button in the built-in PHONE app ("Current calls" screen displayed while you're on a call), the call would be dropped, and upon returning to TAKEphONE it acted as if he pressed the first i-Bar button (which is layed out on the same place as the "Hangup" button.

Could that be the case for you, too ?
    Shimon Shnitzer

WOW... that is superb csr support... shimon answered every ? asked....

i agree.. that redial screen should be made into an ibar screen !