Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    There's a neat new Blazer plug-in just out from Rano, TreoOfflineViewer (NB not TrgeOfflineViewer ) info about which was posted in a somewhat esoteric, unused-for-a-long-time, but very useful, thread here. I've extracted the plug-in-specific info from that thread, because I think the plug-in deserves individual attention.

The old thread itself has useful ideas for how offline pages can be used, and also some great contributed resources (html code) for setting up an offline page as a Blazer home-page, with different kinds of links.

geoff

FROM Rano:

Hello,
    Now you can also use TreoOfflineViewer, which as a plugin for the Blazer web browser, makes it much more convenient to open HTML files from memory cards.

TreoOfflineViewer - save and load web pages from the SD card with your favorite web browser.

Download TreoOfflineViewer from:
    http://www.ranosoft.net/palm/downloa...ewer-Rtov.html
    Attached Images http://discussion.treocentral.com/images/attach/gif.gif Rtov.gif (8.6 KB, 17 views)

Trgeoff asks:

A couple of questions:

1. Whats the significance of "Add Base URL" when saving the source to file?

2. Would it be possible to add an option for the user to define a default Card folder for both Saving to, and Opening from?

Rano answers:

1. The "Add Base URL" option adds the <BASE href> HTML tag so that after opening the saved page its images and links are still working.

2. This feature has been scheduled for the next release.
    Last edited by TRgEOff; 01/08/2008 at 05:27 AM.
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    Many thanks, TRgEOff for summarizing that thread!
    RNS:: software for your Treo! www.ranosoft.net/treo
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RaNo View Post
    Many thanks, TRgEOff for summarizing that thread!
    A pleasure. I actually even ponied up for TOV today at PocketGear, but their TOV_full.zip actually contains the trial version. I notified them about 12 hours ago, but no word as yet.

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by TRgEOff View Post
    A pleasure. I actually even ponied up for TOV today at PocketGear, but their TOV_full.zip actually contains the trial version. I notified them about 12 hours ago, but no word as yet.

cheers
    Yes, you should talk to them about this, because as I'm double-checking now, I sent them the correct full and trial version files.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Yes, you should talk to them about this, because as I'm double-checking now, I sent them the correct full and trial version files.
    From what Ive read on several Treo forums, PocketGear is currently rife with this type of screw-up. Perhaps you could consider another site, at least until it's known whether PG is ever going to get its act together.

cheerrs
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    Good find. I bought it today. Thanx, RNS.

P.S. I got it from Handango without hitch
    Last edited by shopharim; 01/14/2008 at 03:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TRgEOff View Post
    From what Ive read on several Treo forums, PocketGear is currently rife with this type of screw-up. Perhaps you could consider another site, at least until it's known whether PG is ever going to get its act together.

cheerrs
    Hmmm... what do you mean "consider" another site? We already offer a few ESD's on our website:
    http://www.ranosoft.net/palm/buy-tre...ewer-Rtov.html
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    Good find. I bought it today. Thanx, RNS.

P.S. I got it from Handango without hitch
    Yes. And MobiHand should also work smoothly. I hope PocketGears problems will end up soon!
    Thanks for your contribution!
    Rano

Been using TOV since version 1. It always works flawlessly. Very handy and nice application.

Thanks

Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Hmmm... what do you mean "consider" another site? We already offer a few ESD's on our website
    Sorry, my mistake, I somehow managed not to see the alternatives , which did give me ample opportunity to avoid PocketGear...

...which reminds me, I still haven't heard back from them, kicking myself even more now

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.