1.    #1  
    I run into problems where certain apps such as coreplayer take up 4mb of nvfs and after you quit the program it doesn't give the memory back like blazer does. If there is not 6mb of nvfs I cannot start Blazer and some other apps. Is there an app that will reset or clear the nvfs ram? I have tried dbcache and reset doctor but it just seems to cause the centro to soft reset.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee View Post
    I run into problems where certain apps such as coreplayer take up 4mb of nvfs and after you quit the program it doesn't give the memory back like blazer does. If there is not 6mb of nvfs I cannot start Blazer and some other apps. Is there an app that will reset or clear the nvfs ram? I have tried dbcache and reset doctor but it just seems to cause the centro to soft reset.
    It could be they aren't written yet for the Centro, but in general, if a dbcache clear crashes your Palm, there is a software problem.

It could be that you have poorly written background software and the dbcache clear is dumping out a db that one of them is using, therefore it crashes next time it tries to use it. You might list out your background software.
  3.    #3  
    Background apps:

hvch
    ------
    call rec 5.2
    genius 1.42
    quickswitch 1.52
    petitlaunch 1.0 build 18
    keyguardtime+ 5.2 beta 7

hpps
    -----
    Crystalpopup suite 1.1

hede
    ------
    Initiate 3.28
    butler 4.57
    snapcalc5 5.6.3
    shortcut5 1.7
    mcphling 5.81
    kblightsoff 1.21
    keycaps600 .8
    clipper 2.1
    crystalpopup suite 1.1

I don't think the problem apps are:
    butler
    initiate
    kblightsoff
    keycaps600
    keyguardtime
    quickswitch
    petitlaunch

My wifes red centro has all of these apps directly above and hers seems to keep the nvfs around 8 or 9mb and doesn't reset for weeks at a time. Mine drains the nvfs very quickly.
    Last edited by jayzee; 01/07/2008 at 01:41 PM.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    Background apps:

hvch
    ------
    call rec 5.2
    genius 1.42
    quickswitch 1.52
    petitlaunch 1.0 build 18
    keyguardtime+ 5.2 beta 7

hpps
    -----
    Crystalpopup suite 1.1

hede
    ------
    Initiate 3.28
    butler 4.57
    snapcalc5 5.6.3
    shortcut5 1.7
    mcphling 5.81
    kblightsoff 1.21
    keycaps600 .8
    clipper 2.1
    crystalpopup suite 1.1

I don't think the problem apps are:
    butler
    initiate
    kblightsoff
    keycaps600
    keyguardtime
    quickswitch
    petitlaunch

My wifes red centro has all of these apps directly above and hers seems to keep the nvfs around 8 or 9mb and doesn't reset for weeks at a time. Mine drains the nvfs very quickly.
    Well, I'm attacking this from a bit of a different angle than your original post; why is it crashing when you clear dbcache.

I see you're not using Resco Locker. Can you use Resco Locker and lock the programs which "need" it? The problem is; it's sometimes not immediately obvious which need locking, but I think if you try locking all of the background apps you listed, your crash will go away. Some of them might lock themselves (Butler for instance) but I don't know about several of the ones above.
  5.    #5  
    I locked all of those apps and used dbcache and it still reset.
    Had similar problem and mine went away when I installed KeyCaps600 0.91b1 on my 700p - took my doing a hard reset and installing program by program to stumble onto it though ymmv
    There are applications that automagically monitor and clear the DB cache. Reset Doctor is one such application and ZLauncher also offers that feature through a plug-in.

Ben
    I locked all of those apps and used dbcache and it still reset.
    That's weird... Try disabling a few of them at a time. At this point, it's down to one-by-one elimination basically. I suspect you're going to find the problem goes away when one program is disabled.

Call Rec, Butler, and KGT+ are all fine on my Treo, so you might leave those for last. I also use snapCalc5, but I don't assign it a hotkey so it doesn't have HEDE, I make Butler pop up a command bar with a menu-hold and I launch it that way. snapDates too.