1.    #1  
    I am traveling out of the US and have a local SIM card in my 680.

When the phone (radio) is turned on, the screen automatically turns on about every 10 seconds, then (I assume) because the middle navigation button is not pressed, it turns off again.

It continues to repeat this process. It does not seem to happen when the phone (radio) is off. Nor do I recall seeing this back at home with my Cingular SIM in it.

Any ideas?
    some have experienced this when the time update is set to automatic, try changing it to never in prefs, date & time.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    some have experienced this when the time update is set to automatic, try changing it to never in prefs, date & time.

it was already set to never
    I've had the same problem, and I think a major cause of battery drain.

680 sitting there. Comes on automatically (with keyguard window) and then switches off. Repeats itself every 5 secs.

The only solution is to pull the battery out.
    Has anyone else experienced this?
    SafeGuard will show you if an application is setting an alarm and causing the device to turn on.

Jeff
    I think I found the solution.
    My phone was switching on and off, so I unlocked from standby, dialled a number and then cancelled it.
    Since then the flashing stopped.

I'll wait again for it to happen.
    This sounds similar to the cures for battery drain reported when the 680 initially came out?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFox View Post
    I think I found the solution.
    My phone was switching on and off, so I unlocked from standby, dialled a number and then cancelled it.
    Since then the flashing stopped.

I'll wait again for it to happen.
    This sounds similar to the cures for battery drain reported when the 680 initially came out?
    The biggest cause of battery drain for the 680's was due to the camera not shutting down properly after it was used to take a picture.

Another problem on GSM Treo's is a loose SIM card. The cure for this is 2 or 3 layers of scotch tape on the LOGO side of the SIM card. You might try this just to be safe.

Jeff