1.    #1  
    I may have to jump ship to Sprint this spring for the 755. I just switched from my unbranded 680 (purchased Nov. 06) to an ATT branded with the update. It's been more stable so far, but I'm tired of the gprs speed data. I tried the 750wm6 briefly. Wm6 is not for me at this point. I sync with Act - with the Act link for Palm, and don't feel like I should have to purchase Companion Link just to be able to sync my data.
    Palm Pilot Personal> Palm Pilot Professional> Palm 3e >Palm Tungsten e> Handspring Treo 90> Handspring Treo 180> Handspring Treo 270> Treo 600GSM Unbranded> Treo 650GSM Unbranded> Treo 680GSM Unbranded> Treo 750 ATT 3 Days > Back to Treo 680 Unbranded > Treo 680 ATT Branded W/Update> Black GSM Centro. Ouch it hurts to think about how many Palm Products I've been through.>Black Sprint Centro. Sprint Palm Pre.
    I just switched to the 750. Got tired of the lack of 3g. I tried Sprint for 2 days, I didn't like the CS. I don't want to talk to someone from a different country I can barely understand.
  3.    #3  
    Anyone else care to chime in on Sprints CS experience verses ATT. I have a friend at an ATT store so customer service for me has been excellent. That makes it hard to leave ATT. But I want GSM Palm OS w/3G!
    Palm Pilot Personal> Palm Pilot Professional> Palm 3e >Palm Tungsten e> Handspring Treo 90> Handspring Treo 180> Handspring Treo 270> Treo 600GSM Unbranded> Treo 650GSM Unbranded> Treo 680GSM Unbranded> Treo 750 ATT 3 Days > Back to Treo 680 Unbranded > Treo 680 ATT Branded W/Update> Black GSM Centro. Ouch it hurts to think about how many Palm Products I've been through.>Black Sprint Centro. Sprint Palm Pre.
    From what I have been told by multiple sources in the know, there will not be a GSM 3G solution for the current PalmOS. It requires simultanious connections and with the lack of multitasking it can't happen. When/if Palm gets a new linux based OS they will be able to do this but it is vaporware until released. Now Chatter and some other apps have been able to almost multitask through some great programming. But it is still running the OS to its limit and stability may be an issue and therefore it pobably will not pass the carrier testing.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    From what I have been told by multiple sources in the know, there will not be a GSM 3G solution for the current PalmOS. It requires simultanious connections and with the lack of multitasking it can't happen. When/if Palm gets a new linux based OS they will be able to do this but it is vaporware until released. Now Chatter and some other apps have been able to almost multitask through some great programming. But it is still running the OS to its limit and stability may be an issue and therefore it pobably will not pass the carrier testing.
    Well looks like I'm going to be listening to "Funk 49" on my new Sprint Treo 755.

Funny how the Palm OS multi tasks with CDMA-EVDO but not GSM.
    EVDO does not require simultaneous voice and data like UMTS/HSDPA, which allows you to talk and surf at the same time. )
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."