Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    *modified this post to make it easier for people to place an order if they're comfortable being a little autonomous and not need to search through the thread for info.

All four versions are shipping. Feel free to email me about the mount for your car.
    1. basic holder $24.99
    2. basic holder w/tilt swivel $34.99
    3. powered holder with car adapter $69.99
    4. powered holder with direct wire connection for a permanent type install $99.99

Discounted Pricing:
    basic holder: $21.00 (now available) ($28.30 shipped)
    holder w/tilt swivel: $29.75 (now available) ($37 shipped)
    powered holder w/car adapter $57.40 ($64.70 shipped)
    powered holder w/fixed install $82.00 ($89.30 shipped)

dash mount for your car $25.50
    tilt swivel holder & dash mount combo: $62.50

standard shipping charge: $7.30
    (the prices above should carry over to any product's holder unless it's padded as I think they charge a little more. padded has the velvet coating)

My paypal adr is crogs571@yahoo.com

Pics are below. Those are the retail prices (most likely). Will post more info once they are on ProClip's site and available to order.

http://www.brodit.com/images/875195.jpg
    http://www.brodit.com/images/965195.jpg
    http://www.brodit.com/images/971195.jpg
    Last edited by crogs571; 02/05/2008 at 11:59 PM.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    Well they do exist. They are on brodit's site, the parent company that manufactures them in Sweden. They have four versions:
    1. basic holder $24.99
    2. basic holder w/tilt swivel $34.99
    3. powered holder with car adapter $69.99
    4. powered holder with direct wire connection for a permanent type install $99.99

Pics are below. Those are the retail prices (most likely). Will post more info once they are on ProClip's site and available to order.

http://www.brodit.com/images/875195.jpg
    http://www.brodit.com/images/965195.jpg
    http://www.brodit.com/images/971195.jpg

How do these install? Is that a sticky backed attachment or do they use hardware?
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
  3.    #3  
    ProClip products are a 2-part solution. The device holder and the dash mount. They attach to a dash mount (be it theirs, pro-fit, bracketron, etc...) that is specific to your car or a generic vent mount that has an amps mounting system on it. Amps is an industry standard screw mounting system that most companies adhere to when making device mounts and brackets so they can be interchangable.

If you go to ProClip Vehicle Mounts you can find out what type of mounts are available for your car. The ProClip mounts are unique as they make use of crevices in your dash to clip in. Other mounts require you to remove bezels on the dash and screw in a mount to the radio mounting screws. And nothing wrong with them as sometimes they have better placement options than proclip mounts do. I actually use one for my Sirius as my MDX doesn't have the best proclip options.

This pic gives you a quick visual idea:http://www.proclipusa.com/media/imag...width=&height=

Total solutions can run $70 or more, but they are rock solid and look pretty OEM. Thankfully I got involved with them way back when with creating holsters for the i500 and then other pda phones. So I have a resellers account that gives me a discount, and I pass a lot of it along to people on the forums I frequent. So hopefully that makes their products a little more price friendly. Any other questions, let me know.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    So from what I'm seeing, the first part clips into my dash (but I don't like blocking my vents!) and the other portion will attach to that clip, correct? My phone usually occupies my cup holder and I hate that, I'd love to put it where I can see it and snap it in and out easily... I think I want one. I have a MIO GPS also, but I don't see my model listed (they have the C220 but not the 230 and they're a bit different) - the current mount I have puts the unit right in the line of sight but I can never get window mounts to stay very long. I may need a Proclip for this too!
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
  5.    #5  
    every car is different. you really need to go to the link I posted and see the options available. Most have one option that will block vents a little bit because that's where crevices are. Especially in newer cars as they get all funky with these aero and non-traditional dash designs.

The C230 is new and not available yet. All in due time. Imagine all the new products they need to get a hold of to make each individual holder. Time consuming. The Centro ones are at least 2 weeks behind schedule.

I can't stand windshield mounts myself and the cheaper models have basic windshield mounts with no amps mounting system so proclip mounts are the only way to go as an alternate method outsid of crappy velcro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek View Post
    So from what I'm seeing, the first part clips into my dash (but I don't like blocking my vents!) and the other portion will attach to that clip, correct? My phone usually occupies my cup holder and I hate that, I'd love to put it where I can see it and snap it in and out easily... I think I want one. I have a MIO GPS also, but I don't see my model listed (they have the C220 but not the 230 and they're a bit different) - the current mount I have puts the unit right in the line of sight but I can never get window mounts to stay very long. I may need a Proclip for this too!
    I just posted this on the 755 thread. I hate blocking a vent or using a cup holder too. I've done this for years, and love it. See the pics at this post:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...79#post1395079

-
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Tilt-swivel holder now available at ProClip site, but not the others (yet?).

crogs571, I sent you a PM about the discount but haven't heard back...can you provide detail on that?
  8.    #8  
    Link to Tilt Swivel Centro Holder

thought I got back to everyone. My apologies if I didn't. I used to have a makeshift website to order through via paypal's cart, but since I switched to Verizon I just deal with paypal directly. If you're not a paypal member I can send an invoice and you can pay via credit card without signing up.

Essentially I can save you 15%, so in case of the tilt swivel holder (provided you have a dash mount of some sort) it'd be $29.75 instead of $35 plus $7.30 for shipping. They discount my shipping slightly over their $8. If you need a dash mount as well, it'd be $25.50 instead of their $30. Thinking offhand that they are $30. I'm not looking at the site.

So if you need just the holder, I'll make it an even $37 shipped. If you need the dash mount and holder it'd be $62.50.

If you're comfortable with the Send Money feature of paypal you can Just indicate the part numbers and one of the totals above. My paypal adr is crogs571@yahoo.com. I put the order in and it generally ships out within 2 days and is received in about 3-4. DHL ground is pretty good speed wise. If you need some assistance or have questions in what mount to go with, just drop me an email at the above adr and I'll steer you in the right direction.

I'm sure the other options will show up shortly. Maybe they weren't in the same shipment. They should show up. The Centro isn't available overseas so it's not like they wouldn't offer one of the options here. Hopefully they did the Vodaphone version too so that when it's available here they can kick right in without this long delay.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I purchased one of the adjustable tilt holders for my 700p from crogs571, he rocks!

Question: Since I already have the "tilt" mechanism, could I just purchase the regular holder for the Centro and pair it with the tilt mechanism I already have?
  10.    #10  
    I've asked that and have not gotten an answer. I'll ask again. I have tilt swivels out the wazoo at this point.
  11.    #11  
    The basic holders will be available. they shipped or are shipping after the tilt swivel ones.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I've asked that and have not gotten an answer. I'll ask again. I have tilt swivels out the wazoo at this point.
    Sorry to dredge this up again, but in light of your last post (non-swivel on the way!), any news on using tilt swivels from previous purchases with this non-swivel version??

Yes, I'm cheap and looking to save a few bucks!
  13.    #13  
    yes. that was the point of asking the question, and my answer above
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Gotcha! As soon as they non-swivel ones are available, I'm in for one!
  15.    #15  
    ask and ye shall receive.... Standard Centro Holder

$21 even plus $7.30 for shipping. I'll have to update the first post to make it easier to order. Even I'm going back and forth trying to figure it all out.
    ask and ye shall receive.... Standard Centro Holder

$21 even plus $7.30 for shipping. I'll have to update the first post to make it easier to order. Even I'm going back and forth trying to figure it all out.
    Great. Just sent you $28.30 via PayPal...
  17.    #17  
    got it. orders in and will probably ship by Tuesday.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Just got my holder yesterday and it rocks!

Once again, I ordered through crogs571 and he provided excellent communication and service.

I was also able to use my existing tilt mechanism from a previous proclip holder with no trouble at all!

Thanks crogs571!
    Got mine also...thanks, crogs571!
  20.    #20  
    awesome guys. I got yelled at by proclip for trying to sell them discounted on ebay. they don't want to be known as a discounted product and get into discount wars with other resellers. I can still sell it here that way or privately in general. Trying to sell it at list on ebay with discounted shipping, but I doubt people will get it. Such a pain.

And guess what....we've got power...Can give them to you for 18% off. They've got a touch more margin in them.

Cigarette lighter version $57.40

Straight cable, Fixed Install Version $82
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast