Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Palm will discontinue offering Java Virtual Machine for download. You'll need this if you want to run Opera Mini or other Java application.

Palm Blog Info http://blog.palm.com/palm/2008/01/last-chance-to.html

JVM download http://www.palm.com/us/support/jvm/
    Now I wonder why?
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    My guess is that it is something contractual between Palm and IBM.
    I agree. Probably part of Palm's cost cutting and they don't want to renew the support contract with IBM.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    ugh.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Is this available anywhere else? Or could someone who already downloaded it provide me with a copy? I have a very old version, but want to give Opera mini a try, and doubt my old version will work.

Thanks,

Bob
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    What was the latest version (for the IBM Websphere)?
    Your post might get deleted...for posting that site.....

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I haven't checked there yet. Is it a warez site? Is it safe, or will it try to infect my PC? I'm not interested in hacked software, but the Java VM was always free.
    Bob Meyer
    Here's a rapidshare mirror, i've checked, it is the newest 5.7.2:

http://rapidshare.com/files/81887520/JVM.zip.html
    As new owner of a palm centro i would appreciate a link to the latest java jvm as well. If i would have gotten the centro sooner i would have downloaded it from palm.com. Thx much
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I haven't checked there yet. Is it a warez site? Is it safe, or will it try to infect my PC? I'm not interested in hacked software, but the Java VM was always free.
    The original link is a warez site. You can follow the link by g-funkster. I have downloaded it as well, it did not raised flags on my antivirus.
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 01/27/2008 at 10:22 PM.
    Thanks all.
    Bob Meyer
    Does anyone now where i can find and download JVM for Palm OSŪ devices becuase it is no longer available from Palmdownload? I need it to run Opera mini 4 on my palm 755p from sprint.

Thanks,

Mike-
    Do a quick search, a link has been posted here in the last few days

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Bunches of us have it. You can PM me with your email address and I will send it to you. In the "my opinion" category, JAVA really does not offer much other than to take up memory.

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Bunches of us have it. You can PM me with your email address and I will send it to you. In the "my opinion" category, JAVA really does not offer much other than to take up memory.

Ben
    Agreed, I downloaded it and it does take up quite a bit space in memory, and I just could never get Opera to work with it anyway; so I deleted it.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Where can I get java now that palm has stopped offering the downloads? Also is there a more stable version out than what IBM offers? I have read some things about alternative clients but they don't seem to be available for the 650. Also how much space does java take up?

Thanks for any help!
    You can try the link above or an older version here: http://websphere-everyplace-micro-en...tonic.com/palm

or if you are interested in trying some other version of java, try this site:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/superwaba. Look for the Palm version on the download. I have not tried this myself.
    so i just dl'ed opera mini 4, loaded to phone, and now it says i need IBM WebSphere Micro. so i look for that, and Palm no longer has the rights to distribute that.

how do i either get it, or run without it?

thanks, needing help
    eric
    Red Centro on SERO, ftw
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast