Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I'm trying to upgrade from a 650 to 755P and have successfully updated my contacts, memos, tasks, and calendar. When I did my first Hot Sync I just did those items since I didn't have my SD Card yet. I have several programs I use all the time like Splash ID and ListPro with data in them that I want to add. Also want to add back some of the pictures I had on my old 650. How do I add those programs and then get the data in them? I have the applications on my laptop so I can reinstall them, but will the data come over or will it when I Hot Sync? Also, both of them have icons on my Palm Desktop with the data.

Thanks!
    Beam the pictures. Install the programs you want through your hot sync and then try beaming the file that contains the data to the 755.

ET
    Beam the Pictures? Maybe if you have all day.

1. Since you just bought the phone you can call Palm and ask for help. it takes time but it will get done.
    2. Maybe you changed hotsyc id's otherwise this should all be a done deed...just hotsync the 755p under the same name as the 650.

DANGER: Before you do anything make a copy of your old 650 folder to the desktop, that way if it gets mucked up you still have a clean copy.
    3. Simply copy the pictures into your 750 picture file.
    or 4. I think the Palm desktop media hadler has an impot to phone option. use that to copy files into the 755p.

Last, make sure you have a card and a backup program. I had several data destroying crashes in the first few weeks.
    I would strongly suggest against just hotsyncing your old data directly only your 755 from a 650. That has been known to cause problems in the past as old config files with incorrect settings come along for the ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    I would strongly suggest against just hotsyncing your old data directly only your 755 from a 650. That has been known to cause problems in the past as old config files with incorrect settings come along for the ride.

Clean install:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...05&postcount=1
    oops.
    I moved from a 600 to a 755 and thought all my issues were due to an old phone.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Thanks for the ideas and suggestions everyone. I can't beam because the phone was destroyed when my brother's dog ate it over Christmas. It's in several pieces.

Perry-

I actually read your post about it before doing the initial sync. I followed your suggestions and that's why I just have the calendar, memos, tasks and contacts. I can reinstall the 3rd party games and such, but it's the Splash ID and List Pro with a lot of history that I'm having problems with. I can install Splash ID but doesn't bring over the data and I can't get List Pro to sync over at all using the Quick Install from the desktop. I checked the Hotsync Manager and changed it to synchronize for both with no luck.

Sent message to SplashData but haven't done it for ListPro yet.

Thanks-
    If you followed the clean install steps. . . . .Check in your "backupold" folder on your desktop for the database that goes with Splash ID . . . copy that file to your "new" backup folder and see if that does the trick. . . I do not think that file will cause any hiccups in your new device. Same for List Pro.

Cheers, Perry.