Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I tried to install a program called epocrates (www.epocrates.com) which has up todate prescription information etc. From their site I selected "install to memory card" but when it actually installed the program, it installs on the main memory and eats up 15 mb or so of memory.

Is there a way to install it on the memory card? or why it installed on the main memory even though I specified for the external card? Thanks guys!
    Have you looked in its preferences? Options - Memory Management - then select the location.

Ben
    Try with a card reader?
    The program does not want to install properly with a card reader; check the preferences within the program to move it to the card.

Ben
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Ben,
    Are you installing it on a Treo 700p? I looked under memory management in epocrates and everything says it is installing on an expansion pack. But when I check my memory status from the Centro it says epocrates is installed on the main memory.

Do you think somehow it is not supporting a microSD card? (from their website it says SD and miniSD cards are supported) Thanks!
    I have it installed on my 700p and my wife's Centro. Have you checked the folder structure on the card? Take a look for on the card: /PALM/Programs/Epocrates

There are still elements of the application that MUST reside in main memory in order for it to run automagically in the unattended/update mode.

Ben
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    is there a way to check the folder? I downloaded a "files" program and it has Epocrates under programs. The files that are present are a bunch of DAT files that are 16k each. Is that suppose to be correct? I just dont understand how so much memory in the main memory could be occupied by Epocrates if it was selected to install on the expansion card. Thanks Ben
    I'm familiar with Epocrates, I have it installed on my husband's Palm and I recently installed it on my Centro. I believe that some of the stuff has to go onto the unit, the rest will go onto the card. What you can always do is install it the way it wants you to then go in and physically move it to the card. I can vouch for the fact that it doesn't seem to slow the Centro down having it loaded the way it wants you to do it. HTH.
    Again, those files in main memory are necessary for it to do the auto update functions. You can move the entire application to the card with an application such as zLauncher or another 3rd party launcher and launch it that way, but it will take TIME to move the required applications and it will not automatically update, which is one of its strong features.

Ben
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    hmm I see. So is there a way to physically move things from the main memory to the card itself? I guess this is a question for both Ben and rcraw45425. I used to use a windows based system where I could browse files from my computer and move things freely. I have no idea where the main files for epocrates are located in the main memory nor how to move it. Thanks guys
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Maybe I should just leave things alone I do have over 30 mb left on my palm and I dont want to slow things down too much...
    There is and that would be with a link manager or a third party launcher, of which several are capable of doing what you need. I recommend ZLauncher. Ben
    Launching an application such as Epocrates from the card would slow you down.With 30mb left, I would not consider it a major factor.

Ben
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    alright sounds good. thanks for the advice.