Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    google maps seems to work fine when i'm goofing off - but when I really need it on the road, it has a tendency to pop up a window that tells me that I need a data service then promptly shuts itself down.

so, I hop on the net and hit google maps that way - to get where I need to go.

in another instance, it asked me if I wanted to upgrade and I clicked ok - then I did the download thing and told me it was unsuccessful...

is this only happening to me?
    The needing data service is due to not having a good signal at that location. When that happens, check your email and see if you even have a data connection at that location.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    I ran into this problem last weekend while in an EV-DO area. Blazer and Chatter could consistently access data but 4cast, Resco News and gmaps couldn't. I got network socket errors from time to time. The best way I found to fix it was to cycle the radio. This problem stopped once I got back to a non-EV-DO area,
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    got plenty of signal, that's not it...

how do i interpret "cycle the radio"?
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Turn the phone (radio) off and back on.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    gotcha thanks