1.    #1  
    Hi, folks!!

I really don't like of PalmOS in Treo 680!

There is some option to install a Treo 650 in a Treo 680?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards...
    good lord.... No.

To make this thread worthy of anything, I'm curious, what's so bad about the 680 ROM that is better in the 650? I hope it's not just "phone app".
  3.    #3  
    Hi, khaytsus;

The real problem is: here in Rio de Janeiro, we have many networks in 1800 Mhz and only one working in a 850 Mhz.

Well, everytime that I need restart my Treo or pass in some place that the 1800 Mhz is weak (subway or without sign), the 680 lost the sign and freeze for sometime, because always found a 850 Mhz first. This happen same when is in manual configuration to use 1800 Mhz.

And more: when this happen, if the simcard have a simlock, the Treo 680 no connect to network until login with my code.

In Treo 650, I REALLY no has this problem. Worst: the Palm in Brazil no gave solution for this, and here this problem is serious.

All other new options that Treo 680 have, I can use with some software, but the phone no works is very, very bad.

Someone have a suggestion?

I'm ready to create a personal ROM with Treo 650 files and install in my Treo 680...

Best Regards...
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    I like the Treo 650 "Phone app" but i wouldnt change for that!

enotar
    I couldn't put it any clearer than khaytsus.

You cannot do this ever. If you have a 650, use that. Sell your 680 if you don't like it.
  6.    #6  
    Hi, Tomtastic;

Thanks for your reply.

Well, but what I wanna is only this: one Treo 680 with SO of one Treo 650.
    I like of Treo 680, because have more memory (to me, is the ONLY serious limitation of Treo 650) and I like your PhoneAPP, too. Its pratical. But this problem with sign is very difficult to work.

If the Treo 650 has more memory, I has solved buying a Black Tie Edition to me (Is very beautifull).

For other side, there is some way to 'delete' a 850/1900 from some file in Treo 680, to search only 900/1800 networks? For example, extract this file from ROM, edit and put this file in RAM (because the system search in RAM first)?

Can you to help me with this or a create this ROM? If the hardware are so close, what is the problem to work?

And more: I have one Brazilian version of ROM from Treo 680 (Customized by OI Operator), in version 4300. If somebody wanna, I can send without problems!

Thanks again to everybody, and have a nice weekend.

Best Regards...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Hi, Tomtastic;

Thanks for your reply.

Well, but what I wanna is only this: one Treo 680 with SO of one Treo 650.
    I like of Treo 680, because have more memory (to me, is the ONLY serious limitation of Treo 650) and I like your PhoneAPP, too. Its pratical. But this problem with sign is very difficult to work.

If the Treo 650 has more memory, I has solved buying a Black Tie Edition to me (Is very beautifull).

For other side, there is some way to 'delete' a 850/1900 from some file in Treo 680, to search only 900/1800 networks? For example, extract this file from ROM, edit and put this file in RAM (because the system search in RAM first)?

Can you to help me with this or a create this ROM? If the hardware are so close, what is the problem to work?

And more: I have one Brazilian version of ROM from Treo 680 (Customized by OI Operator), in version 4300. If somebody wanna, I can send without problems!

Thanks again to everybody, and have a nice weekend.

Best Regards...
    Have you tried the 2.11 ROM? I know Palm fixed a lot of little things with this one, and one of them is the default Network (data) connection getting reset all the time, so perhaps they fixed other similar things.
    Hi, Tomtastic;
    Certainly worth playing with as long as you're not planning on modifying the ROM. I can't help you test this one out sadly, but please let us know if you manage to do it.

I don't think I understand what you mean, what is version 4300, the ROM version?