1.    #1  
    Just downloaded TraceCrash to my 680 so I can see what's been causing my Treo to crash. Am now wondering what the next step is.

I assume, if a program that I don't use or don't like anyway is causing the crash, I delete it. But, what if it's Chatter that's causing the (occasional) crash? Do I delete it then, add it all over again, or just roll with the punch? How do YOU go about it?
    Programs such as Trace Crash are not very reliable. They merely parse the data from the Treo #*#377 command and keep it in a log. The problem is that the offending program is often misidentifed. The command merely tells you the program that was running at the time of the reset and not the program which my have been running in the background that was responsible. About 75% of the time when my Treo resets the command or log says "User initiated?" and fails to ID any program. I use the log in Reset doctor and it has the same shortcomings. Unfortunately this is a problem with the OS misidentifying the culprit and Trace Crash merely collecting the misinformation into a log.
    I do agree tracecrash can be a blunt tool, but in my case it did allow me to identify two programs that were crashing my Treo. Since removing them, I have not had any crashes. Now, as to your point, were they simply the 'victims' of other rogue programs, I can't say, but my Treo is now behaving.
    As a note, Trace Crash does not work on a Sprint 700P that has been MRd. Neither does Crash Pro. Neither does...

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    As a note, Trace Crash does not work on a Sprint 700P that has been MRd. Neither does Crash Pro. Neither does...

Ben
    Does TreoCrashLog do?
    RNS:: software for your Treo! www.ranosoft.net/treo
    I take that as an invitation to give it a try. I took that take and installed the application and got an immediate crash. Yep, immediate on my Sprint Treo 700P. Now let us find out what Treo Crash Log says: wow, this is exciting. It crashed again:

Emul68Kmain c., line 108, divide by zero at adress 732811FC.

No error log generated by Crash Log Pro and cannot get Treo Crash Log to do anything other than to crash.

Ben
    i used crashpro on treo 700p before MR.. after MR installed it stopped working... since that time i have moved over to the treo 755 and i cant get any crash pro application to work right... all i see is soft reset or user initiated when the phone resets... tried reset doctor/tracecrash/crashpro... nothing worksss on treo 755
    bclinger, could you please contact me at www.ranosoft.net/support to help us resolve this issue?
    RNS:: software for your Treo! www.ranosoft.net/treo
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    i used crashpro on treo 700p before MR.. after MR installed it stopped working... since that time i have moved over to the treo 755 and i cant get any crash pro application to work right... all i see is soft reset or user initiated when the phone resets... tried reset doctor/tracecrash/crashpro... nothing worksss on treo 755
    I have a 755p and use both Reset Doctor and Trace Crash and never have a problem. Sometimes Reset Doctor acts a little quirky, which is why I keep Trace Crash, but other then that they run fine. Reset Doctor has saved my preferences a bunch of times, if you don't believe me it will tell you...LOL.
    well per trace crash website it doesn't support treo 755... ???

reset doctor has saved my preferences... but hasn't logged resets propably... always says user initiated....