1.    #1  
    Sorry I asked this question within another thread...Is there a program that auto-complete words while you are texting?
    I have TextPlus from SmartCell: http://www.smartcell.com/Web/pc-14-3...r-palm-os.aspx

In it's menu you can select which programs you wish it to be active for. . . . I have selected "all" and it is functioning while I am texting.
  3.    #3  
    Cool let me go there now...thanks...I am liking the Treo755 a lot...My partner has the Centro and both are fun to play with
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    I have TextPlus from SmartCell: http://www.smartcell.com/Web/pc-14-3...r-palm-os.aspx

In it's menu you can select which programs you wish it to be active for. . . . I have selected "all" and it is functioning while I am texting.
    I'm with you bro on this one. TextPlus doing a good job for me (I'm a bad speller.)
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  5.    #5  
    I hate to be a pain, but I just installed the program and thought I read the docs carefully but when I went to text, the program did not work..no words came up..I even copied some of the database over to the card and still not working..I know it is simple but maybe I am looking too deep into it..it took me to the editor...is there where I want to save possible phrases and words etc? I was trying to figire out how to incorporate the word database already the come with it...thanks
    Can you click on the TextPlus icon?

Once the program screen opens, press the menu key, then go to Options, then TextPlus Anywhere.

Make sure the Enable and All Application boxes are checked. Then set the other settings as desired.
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/06/2008 at 08:21 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks Perry..I did all the above and still the same but I noticed that it will work if I add words or copy all words and phrases...I was wondering why the dictionary vocabulary don't kick in..is it suppose to be in a special directory and not on the card?
    Quote Originally Posted by blkpanther9805 View Post
    Thanks Perry..I did all the above and still the same but I noticed that it will work if I add words or copy all words and phrases...I was wondering why the dictionary vocabulary don't kick in..is it suppose to be in a special directory and not on the card?
    Using Filez, I note two files in internal memory on my 755p:

TextPlus 93k
    TextPlusDB 385k

I would move the DB file back from the card to internal memory and see if this works. (I just moved my DB file to the card and TextPlus "stopped" working, moving it back had it working again.)

Cheers, Perry.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks Perry it is working...I followed your last post and it did the trick..thanks
    IIRC, A version of TextPlus was included with Docs 2 Go upgrades. It may have only worked with D2G, though. I'm not sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkpanther9805 View Post
    Thanks Perry it is working...I followed your last post and it did the trick..thanks
    Excellent !!

I'm with Turbo, my spelling is south of one on a 1 to 10 scale. Spell check programs for PC and Palm have been a gift from on high for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jigwashere View Post
    IIRC, A version of TextPlus was included with Docs 2 Go upgrades. It may have only worked with D2G, though. I'm not sure.
    I just found it! You may be able to get TextPlus for $9.99:

Designated for users who have TextPlus from DataViz, either the limited version bundled with Docs to Go 9.0 and above or any standard alone version 4.x or below.
    Quote Originally Posted by jigwashere View Post
    It's limited although I had to do a lot of digging to figuire this out. This is why I bought the full version elsewhere.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Is there any way to make TextPlus only insert the selected auto text phrase if you push the center button? While I'm tying to send IM's, the return button now inserts the auto text rather than sending the IM, which is annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    Is there any way to make TextPlus only insert the selected auto text phrase if you push the center button? While I'm tying to send IM's, the return button now inserts the auto text rather than sending the IM, which is annoying.
    The work around is to backspace using the 5-way nav then move forward again with the 5-way nav. Then when you hit return, it won't insert a word or phrase.

Maybe someone else has a shortcut, because what I just described is a PIA.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    I figured it out.

Enable "Passive Keyboard Mode". By default, no entries are highlighted so enter doesn't select one. You have to scroll up/down to pick one with the 5 way first.
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    I figured it out.

Enable "Passive Keyboard Mode". By default, no entries are highlighted so enter doesn't select one. You have to scroll up/down to pick one with the 5 way first.
    Tks papped, you helped me out.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Does anyone know what you have to check off in the "applications" menu in textplus 5.8. So that when you are composing an e-mail in chatter or a text; the "To:" field of those 2 apps does not use textplus?
    because it is pretty anoying when a person in you contacts has multiple e mails, and your trying to scroll down to the email you want, but you can't get to it because there is a list of words blocking the e mails/texts contacts.

Besides that, this is an ecellect app.
    I could not do with out it because I am by far the worse speller in the world.
    I haven't looked at that specific problem, but I know you can change where the list of words shows up.