1.    #1  
    I saw this article a month or so ago, as my girlfriend subscribes.

Take a look at the features comparison page ... they got at least two or three things just flat out wrong. (Among other things, according to their chart, the Centro doesn't have -- wait for it -- a touch screen. They also didn't even devote a sentence to comparing the Centro and Treo755 -- which they rated much higher -- despite the two phones being nearly identical in feature-set, with the Centro being two-thirds the size and weight. (And much less expensive, of course.)

Did they actually look at the Centro before they did the review, or did they just, you know, take their best guess? I wouldn't really have a problem with them rating the Centro a little lower than the 755, but it should be for real reasons (cheaper construction, smaller screen, available only on Sprint).

It really hurt my confidence in Consumer Reports, "Suggested Buy" or not.
    Jeff Wilder, San Francisco Bay Area
    "I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'" - Buffy Summers

I am guessing they got their notes mixed up. You should send them an email correction...they may fix it online at least and print a correction in the next printed version.

At least the Centro is on the cover.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wilder_jw View Post
    I saw this article a month or so ago, as my girlfriend subscribes.

Take a look at the features comparison page ... they got at least two or three things just flat out wrong. (Among other things, according to their chart, the Centro doesn't have -- wait for it -- a touch screen. They also didn't even devote a sentence to comparing the Centro and Treo755 -- which they rated much higher -- despite the two phones being nearly identical in feature-set, with the Centro being two-thirds the size and weight. (And much less expensive, of course.)

Did they actually look at the Centro before they did the review, or did they just, you know, take their best guess? I wouldn't really have a problem with them rating the Centro a little lower than the 755, but it should be for real reasons (cheaper construction, smaller screen, available only on Sprint).

It really hurt my confidence in Consumer Reports, "Suggested Buy" or not.
    Another reason not to believe them at all!
    I personally think that CR is completely full of it when it comes to reviewing items. Of course they ranked my q9m high so I am happy I love how they can say this car is horrible at braking, lots of road noise, reliability is poor, but its a CR best buy.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    I think the cr best buys are based on price and features. Basically the best bang for your buck. So If an item has some flaws but is significantly cheaper the others in class they will give it a best buy. With cars safety is a big issue for them also.
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway