1.    #1  
    I have had my Treo 700p for almost a year now and have never set up the password to use the lock. This evening I had to reboot (as usual), but this time when my phone booted back up it went to the "Security Lockout" screen. I have tried 0000, the last four digits of my phone number, the entire phone number, and about every combination of numbers associated with my phone and account. No luck.

Anyone have any work-arounds or hacks to get passed the security screen? This is really annoying and I do not feel like doing a hard reboot and loosing al the numbers I have added since my last sync.

Thanks in advance!
    Have you tried a 2nd soft reset? A warm reset?

http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...ortKB,CASE=887
  3.    #3  
    Tried the soft and warm reboots, was able to get the home screen with the phone off, but as soon as I try to turn the phone on the lock screens comes back up.

Anyone know what files I can delete from the file manager to rid myself of the security program entirely?
    If no one else chimes in with the quick fix. . . . .

When was your last backup to the SD card or hot sync?

If you are backed up -- try a hard reset. If it is still locked -- you have a device issue. If it is not locked, you could then start the clean install process to get your PIM data back and then go from there.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...22&postcount=5
  5.    #5  
    Unfortunately not recent enough. I have added quite a few contact I need, so if I can remove the security app Id rather go that route. If not, now that I tink I can at least get to them (still wont sync though), I'll scribble them down before trying a hard reboot.

Thanks again for the help.
  6.    #6  
    Any way to back up contacts on an SD card?
    Good Luck.

Anyone else?

I just changed my power on password to see if I can find a file by time stamp that may house the password. . . . and I noticed this message:

Tap "lost password" to delete the password but all private records will be lost . . .

Edit again: This could be dangerous -- it was my "saved Preferences " file that was the last file updated after having changed my power on password. . . .if you have FileZ. . try deleting that file, of course all of your saved preferences will go bye bye . . . .
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/03/2008 at 07:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedtreo View Post
    Any way to back up contacts on an SD card?
    None that I know of without having the back up software installed first. . .

Hey. . . got an old Treo or Palm PDA? Beam 'em over to it, then beam the ones you want back later.
    If you have a card reader, you should be able to install NVBackup to the card and run it from the card and/or copy to RAM and then run it.

If you have an SD card, you could manually copy over the databases you need (calendar, contacts, etc) and then hard reset and bring those files back form the card manually later.

Unless I am wrong in my thinking, Perry?
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    If you have a card reader, you should be able to install NVBackup to the card and run it from the card and/or copy to RAM and then run it.

If you have an SD card, you could manually copy over the databases you need (calendar, contacts, etc) and then hard reset and bring those files back form the card manually later.

Unless I am wrong in my thinking, Perry?
    Installing a backup program to the SD card via a PC and a card reader sounds like a plan. . . .
    I think the full backup with NVBackup from the card would be best and a selective restore.
  12.    #12  
    ^^^ Thanks guys, I'll give that a shot this weekend.
    Just a thought, but couldn't he do a warm reset, then go to the security app and set a password, and then do another soft reset? Then when security came up he could just type in his new password. Am I off in my thinking here?