Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Is it possible to attach my Treo to external speakers and play audio files from PTunes, etc.?

What about the aux input that newer cars have to play mp3? Is this only for iPods and the like? What sort of connectors do I need?

Thanks much.
    Yes! Since most inputs are 3.5 mm plugs, you'll need the 3.5 to 2.5 addapter which set the impedance correctly. Adapters are available from Palm and Seidio.

I listen to many audio books this way.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Thanks for your response. Is the Treo output only mono? I picked up an adapter at Radio Shack last night for a few bucks, but they only had one for mono. It works well in my car.

Where is the best place to shop for audio books?
    Quote Originally Posted by yitzkorn View Post
    ....Is the Treo output only mono?...
    No. Definitely stereo
    Quote Originally Posted by RTip10 View Post
    Yes! Since most inputs are 3.5 mm plugs, you'll need the 3.5 to 2.5 addapter which set the impedance correctly. Adapters are available from Palm and Seidio.

I listen to many audio books this way.

That's exactly what I wanted to do. I bought 2 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter and was using one with a cassette adapter in my car (via a cradle) and the other with headphones when I was out and about.

This worked fine for a couple of weeks until one day I realized I wasn't getting any system sounds from the external speaker. Turns out I have managed to break the headphone connector and now my Treo thinks the headphones are permanently plugged in.

I have manged to work around this by installing 'headcold' until I can get it replaced under warranty but it's a right pain.

I plan on getting one of these in the next few days to use with Softick Audio Gateway:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...221403&doy=4m1
    Or use bluetooth and Softick Audio Gateway to stream stereo sound to a pair of bluetooth speakers......no wires!
    A life? I don't need to get a life I have diving.....
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yitzkorn View Post
    Thanks for your response. Is the Treo output only mono? I picked up an adapter at Radio Shack last night for a few bucks, but they only had one for mono. It works well in my car.

Where is the best place to shop for audio books?
    I've heard www.audible.com is a good place to get audio books.
    I had the problem with the audio jack breaking on my last two palms (zire's 71 and 72) but nothing so far on the treo. I also have the seido 2.5-3.5 adapter. I got the one from Radio shack originally, however that one is 4 pole (vs. 3 pole) and so it lines up incorrectly with the contacts and only give a mono signal. Just order one from the store here and you'll be happy.