1.    #1  
    When I logged on to Flight Status yesterday, a pop-up informed me of an update. It is now 2.03. I can't tell what has changed yet, however. Great program though. Thanks Andrew!
    http://andrewsoft.net/ for those looking to install the app from scratch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-NYC View Post
    When I logged on to Flight Status yesterday, a pop-up informed me of an update. It is now 2.03. I can't tell what has changed yet, however. Great program though. Thanks Andrew!
    I read somewhere in another thread that it "fixes misc. bugs".

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    can anyone still use this? I installed the latest versions available from his website, and from MTDN. it tells me that the utility is out dated, and to upgrade.
    2.03 working fine here in Honolulu.
    where'd you get 2.03? the andrewsoft page and MTDN both have 2.02.
  7.    #7  
    2.03 working just great here in NYC!
    where does one find 2.03?
    Hi

I just went to the web site and downloaded 2.03. It sayes 2.02 but downloads 2.03.

George
    Quote Originally Posted by gab2409 View Post
    where does one find 2.03?
    When was the last time you used FlightStatu's menu? Last time I checked, there was a "Get the latest version" option WITHIN FlightStatus. In its OWN menu. It doesn't get simpler than that.

Or maybe you have some old version 1.0 or something that doesn't have the "Get the latest version" option?
    A new update is available.

Andrew,
    I noticed today that unless you have the latest update, you can't access the info and of course there is no OTA update feature available.

If possible, it would be great if you allowed the older version to access the info as well and allow someone who might be traveling some time to get to their laptop to update the info.

Tks again for the great app.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    I don't think it has anything to do with the older app not having access to the data as much as the websites that were relied upon for the data has changed their output and thus the parsing of the data to be shown no longer works.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    I don't think it has anything to do with the older app not having access to the data as much as the websites that were relied upon for the data has changed their output and thus the parsing of the data to be shown no longer works.
    cavinghan,
    Tks for the info. If my memory serves me correctly, in the past, if an update was available, the ap continued to work and you were able to check the menu option and click to determine that an update was available. I could be wrong.

Regardless, it's a great app.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    The early updates were tweaks to the system. Flight status ran into the same problem as the directory program that had to be reworked into tryDA.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    The early updates were tweaks to the system. Flight status ran into the same problem as the directory program that had to be reworked into tryDA.
    Okie Dokie
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    A new update is available.

Andrew,
    I noticed today that unless you have the latest update, you can't access the info and of course there is no OTA update feature available.

If possible, it would be great if you allowed the older version to access the info as well and allow someone who might be traveling some time to get to their laptop to update the info.

Tks again for the great app.
    Good Luck
    Are you saying there is a version newer than 2.03 that has been out for at least a year? Mine works fine and the check for update in the menu worked fine as well.

Here's the .prc if you still can't find it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by RickMG; 09/13/2008 at 09:59 PM.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Are you saying there is a version newer than 2.03 that has been out for at least a year? Mine works fine and the check for update in the menu worked fine as well.

Here's the .prc if you still can't find it.
    RickMG,

I have used FlightStaus several times in the last couple of months. (don't know the version I had.)

Today, while attempting to access the app, a pop-up window appeared telling me a newer update was available. (I've never seen this window before. In the past I would periodically check for updates by accessing the drop down menu.)

So what I'm saying is that I was never able to get pass the pop-up window.

Then I downloaded the most recent version to my laptop then performed a hot sync.

Obviously, I didn't have the latest version. Anyway, I can't explain it.

Tks
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    I couldn't find the version either (I was always looking for the about choice in the drop down menu. Turns out it was right there on the first screen at the bottom left corner.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    The file from 12-07 appears to be the latest - when the update thing is done, it returns as the latest release.
    Hope you folks are sending Andrew some tips. He is a good young guy and can use the cash.
    BB