1.    #1  
    I have the latest chatter 3.0.12. I am trying to get IMAP Gmail to work. I have it enabled at gmail.com and i have IMAP accounts setup in outlook and they work fine.

I choose New Account in chatter
    Pick Gmail IMAP
    enter my name, login xxxxxx@gmail.com
    enter password xxxxxxxx
    hit okay, chatter creates the mail box but i get CANNOT CONNECT. No matter what settings i have i cannot make it work. I have tried this with several gmail accounts but i cannot make it work.

What am i doing wrong?

Currently i have several accouts setup using fastmail.net
    Make sure in your Gmail Box(Chatter) that SSL is checked marked. Under edit mailbox, Deliver, choose SSL.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  3.    #3  
    yes, it is checked.
    In SMTP is TLS checked? That's the only other thing that comes to mind..
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    You need to use Incoming port 993 w/ SSL, Outgoing port 587 w/ SSL & ESMTP.

I still cant figure out why GMAIL Imap wont let my Thunderbird or VersaMail download attachments or show the whole email.
  6.    #6  
    okay, this is bizzare.

I tried again. I did a new account - said it was the gmail IMAP so chatter uses the predefined settings. I entered my login xxxxx (i did not put @gmail.com) and password...IT WORKED....BUT...

i have another account. I repeated the same thing and this account will not work. UGH. It does have a number in the login. Could this matter? xxxx2xx
  7.    #7  
    closed