Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Rob_T's Avatar
    Posts
    328 Posts
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
       #1  
    Every once in a while (and twice this afternoon) I look at my Sprint 755P and itís hung up (locked up) in the middle of running a Sprint Updater function of some sort. Somehow itís trying to provision the phone but thereís no reason for this to need to happen. Itís not like Iím going in and out of coverage zones. In fact, it happens when my phone is sitting on my desk in the office for the afternoon in a high coverage area with a good signal.

    Any ideas whatís up or, better yet, how to stop this from happening?
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
  2. #2  
    Happens to me as well, although not in a while. I too would love to know why and how to stop it.
    yep.
  3. #3  
    I have the same, if it's any consolation. I tried to call Sprint once to see if they could help, they were totally clueless, they wanted to send me a new phone :/.
  4. #4  
    I had the same problem and found a possible answer on another forum. I just did it earlier this week, but the problem does seem better. Here is the possible solution:

    "Just hard reset baby. Then go in your phone application - enter ##3282 (DATA) and then click on menu button and select Update Vision Profile."

    Make sure you backup everything before doing a hardreset.
  5. #5  
    Same longstanding problem with my 700p. I've been with Spring since '97 and had my 700p for 20'ish months. I was getting "updated" 1 or 2x/day for a while and it got really annoying since I couldn't cancel out but had to reset the phone. As usual, support was useless. I finally got to somebody in tier 2 or 3 support who found a setting in my account that she switched. I am not sure the specific setting buy she mentioned it was a device type setting. I am guessing that it varies whether you have a traditional phone, PDA, or air card. It has been 6 weeks since they made the update to my account and aside from a 2 day stint where it tried to update twice I have been home free from this annoyance. As always, YMMV. But hopefully it's a good data point for somebody.
  6. Rob_T's Avatar
    Posts
    328 Posts
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    I had the same problem and found a possible answer on another forum. I just did it earlier this week, but the problem does seem better. Here is the possible solution:

    "Just hard reset baby. Then go in your phone application - enter ##3282 (DATA) and then click on menu button and select Update Vision Profile."

    Make sure you backup everything before doing a hardreset.
    OK, I just gave this a try...we'll see how it holds over time.

    Thanks for your help!

    --Rob
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsprouse View Post
    Same longstanding problem with my 700p. I've been with Spring since '97 and had my 700p for 20'ish months. I was getting "updated" 1 or 2x/day for a while and it got really annoying since I couldn't cancel out but had to reset the phone. As usual, support was useless. I finally got to somebody in tier 2 or 3 support who found a setting in my account that she switched. I am not sure the specific setting buy she mentioned it was a device type setting. I am guessing that it varies whether you have a traditional phone, PDA, or air card. It has been 6 weeks since they made the update to my account and aside from a 2 day stint where it tried to update twice I have been home free from this annoyance. As always, YMMV. But hopefully it's a good data point for somebody.
    Same exact scenario with my Sprint Treo 700p. I've tried the ## thing but won't stop the random attempts for automatic and frequent provisioning which inevitably hangs the device when I attempt to wake it up resulting in pulling the battery. Will be contacting the tier 2 or 3 support. Thanks.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
  8. #8  
    There is a correction to the code. It should read ##3282#
  9. #9  
    If you know your MSL code, you can also force a reprovision and not have to hard reset your phone in the process...

    From the dial pad enter ##774#
    Tap the "restore to factory default settings" button
    Enter your MSL code and tap the "ok" button

    This will wipe your power vision information from your Treo. After the wipe is complete (your Treo may or may not reset) go into the prefernces / network setting and tap the "connect" button. There will be a connection error then the provisioning request screen will pop up, select the "yes" button to continue with provisioning.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI

Posting Permissions