1.    #1  
    I want to change the software on my unlocked 680 from cingular OS to the palm or custom OS on here. Which is easier. I am running tmo and want internet and mms to work without problems. I had a friend change stuff on my blackberry, but i don't know anyone who is a Treo guy to help me.

Any assistance and advice would be appreciated.

P.S. --- I am not good working with phones. I can use every feature all day long, but when it comes to changing rom and things of that nature, I am clueless.
    Quote Originally Posted by uofmsoccer10 View Post
    I want to change the software on my unlocked 680 from cingular OS to the palm or custom OS on here. Which is easier. I am running tmo and want internet and mms to work without problems. I had a friend change stuff on my blackberry, but i don't know anyone who is a Treo guy to help me.

Any assistance and advice would be appreciated.

P.S. --- I am not good working with phones. I can use every feature all day long, but when it comes to changing rom and things of that nature, I am clueless.
    You want to run one of these:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...50&postcount=1

I would recommend version 2.11 custom from Tomtastic, as you won't need push to talk or the IM on Tmo. Also 2.11 has a fix that keeps the correct data network on default after a reset, useful for those not on AT&T and use gprs.

read all of the first post and the last 30 or so posts in the thread for history on how the upgrades have gone.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  3.    #3  
    Well I know found out that the sim card will not read. I dropped the phone from my waist on to tile. I called a cellular renewal place and they said there is nothing I can do to fx it without getting a whole new "motherboard". Is this correct. If not how may I fix it?
    Quote Originally Posted by uofmsoccer10 View Post
    Well I know found out that the sim card will not read. I dropped the phone from my waist on to tile. I called a cellular renewal place and they said there is nothing I can do to fx it without getting a whole new "motherboard". Is this correct. If not how may I fix it?
    Did you try to just re-seating it? Take it out along with battery, wait about 20 secs put it back in the tray replace battery. Good luck.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  5.    #5  
    I have taken it out and put it back in with no luck. I even tried my moms sim card from her cingular phone to make sure it wasnt my sim card. again no dice. I am going to try to take it apart tonight and make sure everything is sitting right, then try again. If I can't get that to work, then what are my options? Can I still sell the phone for any money? I Only paid 100 dollars for it from a friend, so if i can recoup that cost then i will be happy and just go buy an unlocked treo from the palm sight, or look around for someone getting rid of one for a good price.

Thanks for any help!