Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Okay...my son is going to buy the Z9 that I just bought since he has need of one for phone calls.

I, on the other hand, want a bluetooth mainly to listen to my music on Ptunes AND answer an occassional call. I know that I'll need Softick Audio Gateway. Is there anything else I need to know??

Any suggestions?

Thanks a bunch for your assistance...
    I have both the Motorola S9 and the Cardo S2 Bluetooth headset and paired it with a Palm Centro. Both headset works great and automatically switch to phone answering capability when a call comes through. I've only tried voice dialing with Cardo S2 and it works great.

IMO the cardo S2 is a bit more comfy to wear in extended period. The Moto S9 will pinch the side of the head sometimes (depending on how big ur head is). BUT if your exercising (or tend to sweat alot), I would go with the Moto S9.
  3.    #3  
    ...so very much. I'll look at both of them. I'll probably go with the most comfortable since I tend to be more of a couch potato than an exerciser.

I am just so green when it comes to Bluetooth.
  4.    #4  
    Is the microphone built into the ear pieces??? How does that work?
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Do NOT get the Motorola S9 if you sweat a lot. Go to the Softick forum and read the MotoS9 thread. I can tell you from experience the S9 is comfortable and work well as long as you don't sweat on them. YES I KNOW THEY SAY SWEAT AND WATER RESISTANT. THEY ARN'T!

http://softick-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=1394

I personally like the Bluetrek ST1's I have tried many but as a Cyclist I found these work best for exercise and sweat.

But really do some research and read what others have to say. Also remember if you see a few bad reviews that dosn't mean the product is bad because usually only people with problems will post.

Good Luck!
    I have the Plantronics Voyager 855 and I like this headset because I can use just one earpiece and discreetly listen to music at work, or I can add the wired 2nd earpiece and get true stereo. Sound isn't bad if you aren't an audiophile. I also like that the earpiece has a sliding boom (which you don't have to open to use for talking, but it definitely helps the sound quality). The sliding boom increases sound quality for the outbound, but it does tend to make the earpiece loosen and requires a "reseat" from time to time.

The earpiece also has buttons on it for pausing and skipping songs.

The earpiece can be muted while on a call. I used it for a conference call and was very happy with the performance and didn't get any complaints from the other end.

ETA: I just saw your other post...this may have been the bluetooth you were really looking for from the start. Jabra also makes something that works similar to this, but it looks absolutely huge. The Plantronics looks just a like a regular bluetooth headset and isn't any bigger than your "normal" models.
    The S9 is a waste of money. Poorly designed garbage. The BT8010 is also a waste of money because it's huge and the outgoing sound quality is really poor.

Get the NC1 if you want something small that can go in your ear. The 855 is also nice but not as comfortable to me.
    I have this LG HBS-220 stereo bluetooth headset for my Centro and have been VERY happy with it! My husband bought it from the Verizon kiosk for $80 plus tax at a Circuit City for me about a month ago and I've had no trouble with it at all. Sounds great and the range has been surprisngly good - I can even run downstairs to the washer/dryer in the basement and still not get disconnected! It's a behind-the-ear type that goes over your ears, not in them (my ears hurt after awhile with the ones that go inside!). It folds up when you're not using it and seems pretty sturdy. Battery life has been great for me. My friend says she can hear me well on it. The microphone is built into the right earpiece (the controls are there also). The phone calls some through in stereo also.

Here's a link to the picture and info:
    http://www.buywirelessnow.com/lg/buy...cessory/288525 (remember, we found them at a much lower price in the store!)
    Last edited by K-HOPS; 01/01/2008 at 06:45 PM.
    I got the Kyocera Bluetooth headphones as a gift and there great. I just can't stand having both ears covered all the time. Going to buy a Nokia set, and sell the Kyocera's. http://www.thetwistergroup.com/store...TXCKT10161.JPG
    I got the Sony-Ericsson HBH-DS980 for Christmas and so far I love them. Sound is great and pairing (700p and Curve) was easy and worked first time. Just another option to consider if you like lightweight earbuds.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    Quote Originally Posted by French View Post
    I have the Plantronics Voyager 855 and I like this headset because I can use just one earpiece and discreetly listen to music at work, or I can add the wired 2nd earpiece and get true stereo. Sound isn't bad if you aren't an audiophile. I also like that the earpiece has a sliding boom (which you don't have to open to use for talking, but it definitely helps the sound quality). The sliding boom increases sound quality for the outbound, but it does tend to make the earpiece loosen and requires a "reseat" from time to time.

The earpiece can be muted while on a call. I used it for a conference call and was very happy with the performance and didn't get any complaints from the other end.

ETA: I just saw your other post...this may have been the bluetooth you were really looking for from the start. Jabra also makes something that works similar to this, but it looks absolutely huge. The Plantronics looks just a like a regular bluetooth headset and isn't any bigger than your "normal" models.
    I've been looking for something like these for about a year and a half now. I've seen some "almost" attempts (like the Jabra), but was hoping someone would make something like this so maybe others will try it too. I just discovered these two days ago, and now I'm trying to figure out if I should go ahead and get these, or wait for the next gen versions (either by plantronics or maybe Motorola).

What I'd like to be able to do is discreetly listen to podcasts (who needs stereo for that anyway) while I'm shopping or otherwise out in public situations where I won't really be interacting with people.

Has anyone else used the Plantronics Voyager 855?

I've been using the Motorola HT820 for that time, until I could find a smaller replacement (the HT820's make me feel like Lobot, but at least I was able to disable the pulsing lights that used to make me feel like a mixture of Lobot and K.I.T.T.).
  12.    #12  

This looks exactly like what I wanted. I like the idea of being able to switch back and forth between mono and stereo.
    I got mine at Best Buy, so if you have one of those you can go to take a look. You can find it on the Internet much cheaper. I was in too much of a hurry to wait for online delivery.
  14.    #14  
    I got mine at Best Buy, so if you have one of those you can go to take a look. You can find it on the Internet much cheaper. I was in too much of a hurry to wait for online delivery.
    Do you have the SAG software for your music on your Centro?
    I have the Plantronics Pulsar 590A's and I cant say enough about them. They sound incredible, and they are rugged. They may look like they arent but they are! I spend hours in the gym with them on and they keep working great!

Now OTOH theres a pair of Sony's that are for the true audiophile. So you asked for the best... heres a link:

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921665095015

Theres a Sony Style store here in my town and they let me pair them with my 700P and OMG!!!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by pearlman View Post
    I got the Kyocera Bluetooth headphones as a gift and there great. I just can't stand having both ears covered all the time. Going to buy a Nokia set, and sell the Kyocera's. http://www.thetwistergroup.com/store...TXCKT10161.JPG

I have Kyocera too and love them because they're unobtrusive. But I can't get them to switch from Ptunes (podcasts) to the phone. I have RTFM. Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Theresamorrison View Post
    I have Kyocera too and love them because they're unobtrusive. But I can't get them to switch from Ptunes (podcasts) to the phone. I have RTFM. Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?
    Have to ask an obvious question here... are you using SAG?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    I have and use softick audio gateway (SAG) with the 855 and it works as advertised. I like it.
    Last edited by French; 01/04/2008 at 09:37 AM.
    I train at the gym 5 days a week, at which i do 45 mins or so of weight training, and then 30 mins of cardio (usually on treadmill or eliptical). AND I SWEAT (hopefully)

Sweating has NEVER been an issue for my s9 whatsoever. I use an treo 680 and I, however am not thrilled with the bluetooth switching over to phone thru softtick, as it consitently locks up and I have to remove the battery. Just my
    $ .02
    Quote Originally Posted by onmymarc View Post
    I use an treo 680 and I, however am not thrilled with the bluetooth switching over to phone thru softtick, as it consitently locks up and I have to remove the battery. Just my
    $ .02
    Yeah, I'm having similar issues with SAG after taking calls too. It's unfortunate and frustrating...using BT headphones is what makes me enjoy my Centro the most...
    Last edited by porkozone; 01/04/2008 at 01:34 PM. Reason: reworded the last sentence to make more sense
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast