Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    Have to ask an obvious question here... are you using SAG?
    Yes, I am. That's how I can send podcasts to my headset. It's switching to the phone to make a call I seem to have trouble with.
    i'm constantly on the lookout for some quality BT headphones and i came across these recently in a magazine

http://www.jaybirdgear.com/

i haven't tried them yet, or any others for that matter as i have to save up the cash for them first

but the jaybirds i posted seem to look pretty nice

if anyone has tried them i would love to hear a review. the reviews on their website all seem to be good (of course the ones on their website would be haha)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevhead View Post
    i'm constantly on the lookout for some quality BT headphones and i came across these recently in a magazine

http://www.jaybirdgear.com/

i haven't tried them yet, or any others for that matter as i have to save up the cash for them first

but the jaybirds i posted seem to look pretty nice

if anyone has tried them i would love to hear a review. the reviews on their website all seem to be good (of course the ones on their website would be haha)
    I agree that these look great. The only thing I've noticed, though, is that the cord connecting the 2 pieces is not removable. In other words, if you only want to listen using one earpiece, you are stuck with the other one dangling. You can't disconnect them. That's one thing the 855 does have. You can listen using just one earpiece, or you can plug in the additional earpiece to make it stereo.

Having said that, these Jaybirds look like they would work much, much better for exercising.

I really wish someone would come up with an all-in-one solution that works for me. I like my 855, but there's no way it's going to stay on while jogging. I really don't want 2 bluetooth headsets.

The Jaybird would be the perfect device for me if it

1) allowed disconnecting of one earpiece for times when I don't want to have to wear both, and
    2) had a mute function on the device. I've found the mute to be extremely helpful for conference calls and would like to keep that functionality (the 855 has it).
    The other HUGE problem with the jaybird headset is no AVRCP. What were they thinking? Total waste.

The best for exercising is still the NC1 with the Jabra eargels.
    I like this entry on their FAQ page:

My Motorola S9 headset has problems with sweat, how good is the JayBird product?

We get this question quite a lot from new buyers. JayBird actually had intended to market the JayBird headset as a water proof headset for water sports originally, but then decided to add a mic hole for cell phone usage and ventilation holes in the speaker enclosure for better bass. With the design heritage the JayBird headset has we suggest that this is the robust product you've been looking for. It is a true water and sweat resistant product.

Yay!

I hope they add AVCRP in the next generation. The S9 has it and isn't much bigger than the Jaybird.

PS: Thay also claim to have tested the Palm 650, 700p with SAG and fount it to be comaptible.
    http://www.jaybirdgear.com/pdf/phones.pdf
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I'm resurrecting this thread because I cannot get my Plantronics Voyager 855 to pair with my Centro (Sprint). I see that a few of you have had success with this headset.

I have the latest sprint software installed, v1.07. The obvious was double-checked: Centro BT is on and visible; the 855 is in pairing mode. The Centro simply does not find the headset through Setup Devices-->Hands-Free Setup-->Next. Nor does it find the headset when I go to Trusted Devices-->Add Device. The 855 pairs immediately with my HTC Mogul and works well. Also, my Motorola H350 and BT GPS pair perfectly with my Centro. The Centro and 855 simply won't pair together. Soft resets and a hard reset did nothing to solve the problem.

Any advice would be appreciated.

**UPDATE: I was able to successfully pair the Centro and 855. Problem: My mis-reading of the directions. It says, in part, "Press and hold the call control button to turn on your headset. (The indicator flashes red/blue to show that the headset is on and in pairing mode.)" I was releasing once the indicator light turned on. I literally had to HOLD the button down the entire time the Centro was searching for the headset. Interesting that a press and hold was required for the Centro but not the Mogul (simply turing on the headset worked).
    Last edited by john0394; 08/26/2008 at 02:51 PM.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by john0394 View Post
    **UPDATE: I was able to successfully pair the Centro and 855. Problem: My mis-reading of the directions. It says, in part, "Press and hold the call control button to turn on your headset. (The indicator flashes red/blue to show that the headset is on and in pairing mode.)" I was releasing once the indicator light turned on. I literally had to HOLD the button down the entire time the Centro was searching for the headset. Interesting that a press and hold was required for the Centro but not the Mogul (simply turing on the headset worked).
    Thank you! I had a similar problem with my Kyocera GSH300 bluetooth device. It isn't fussy when pairing with a Moto e815. I was ready to throw it away, till you reported how you did it. Some trouble (1st press-and-hold got it recognized and recorded as a trusted device, then it took a few tries to also get it paired, by turning on/off the Kyocera), but thanks to your posting the technique, it's now paired with my Centro. Much appreciated.
    hello, all been a while. I have been switching back and forth between the Nokia E71 nad the Pallm Centro. I also have a ipod touch which most of my music is on.
    I've seen the jaybird option, but, I like the behind the head headphones. like the Nokia bh-601. Can anyone recommend something comparible to the jaybird system?

I want to listen to music on my ipod, answer a call, hangup and have the music resume.
    thanks
    I gotta vote for the Jabra BT3030. Great battery life, easy to use controls, and allows you to use ANY 3.5mm headphones.
    Laptop magazine review of the Top 5 Stereo Bluetooth Headsets:

1. Jaybird JB-200
    2. iLuv i222
    3. Motorola S9-HD
    4. Philips SHB9000
    5. Samsung SBH700
    sweet Thx.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12