1.    #1  
    Hi I'm a newby,

The company I work for has just got me an unlocked 650, problem is that it keeps shuting down . After a few minutes of inactivity (this varies) the keyboard locks up and so does the screen. It happens with either the keyguard on or off, you press the red power button to activate the phone and nothing happens.
    The only way to fix it is to remove the battery.
    I have done a warm reset a number of times, and i thought it fixed it, the 650 came to life a good hour or so afterwards, but it soon failed again.

Can anyone offer a suggestion?

I'm waiting on a replacement from my boss, but if I can fix it, it would save the hassle.

Thanks
    MightyTriby
    What version of firmware and software does it have? That used to happen, but the latest updates fixed it.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  3.    #3  
    How do I know what version of the firmware I have? The booklet says that it is a Cingular. It was bought from ebay in Australia and it came with no instalation disc, it was already loaded and unlocked, no sync cable either. I have purchased a sync cable, just awaiting it's arrival.

MightyTriby
    First thing you need is a manual. Anyone know where Mighty can download one?

Look under Info in the Phone application to get your firmware version.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    you can get the manual on www.palm.com. along with the installation cd.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    First thing you need is a manual. Anyone know where Mighty can download one?

Look under Info in the Phone application to get your firmware version.

Software: Treo650-1.20-LAP

This was under the Phone Info heading.
    Does this help?

MightyTriby.
    why not try a hard reset?

or a zero-out reset?
    http://mytreo.net/treofaq/Treo650Resetting#fourresets

that is if you don't have any data on the phone you want to keep

i also got mine off of ebay, and it said it was unbranded, and ect.
    it wasn't so i did the zero-out reset, and it cleared up 20M of space on my treo, then i unbranded the phone, changed it to the 1.20 ENA, then updated it and striped my ROM using the Rom Tool; it has never run better, and it only took me 2 days of research/reading on this forum
  8.    #8  
    Cant do a hard reset, as I have other essential programs on it, work put them on. It has all my customers and other bits on it. If I do a hard reset, this will be lost.

MightyTriby
    Do you have a backup program that would restore everything after a hard reset. A backup program that backs everything up on your SD card periodically or at your descresion. I use RescoBackup and its been reliable...a hard reset is no sweat when I can have my Treo up and running in a couple with the most recent backup.
    at&t iPhone3G
  10.    #10  
    No, dont have a back up program yet, as I don't have a Hotsync cable yet. My Data Entry program is backed up at my office, whilst the Agendus program and Treo programs are going to be backed up with my home laptop, just need the cable, awaiting for it to be delivered.

MightyTriby