1.    #1  
    does anyone know if verizon includes an app for direct push gmail, hotmail, yahoo...etc like sprint does?

And If not, is there some free app/service that functions in a similar way as sprint's email app?
    well you can try emooze but there really isn't a progam that gives you true push for free services like gmail, hotmail, and yahoo. The sprint email program only simulates push by using sms.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    found this while wandering the universe:

https://www.mobipush.com/Default.asp

don't know if it helps...
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    there really isn't a progam that gives you true push for free services like gmail, hotmail, and yahoo.
    I'm no expert in push or not push on email clients, but I tried Chatteremail and it pushed my Gmail using Gmail's IMAP. Of course Chatter isn't free, and it doesn't work with the free version of the other email services (Yahoo, etc.).

I deleted the Chatter trial and kept using Versamail though. It works (Versa) for my simple needs.
    sorry should have been more specific.. gmail only recenty started adding IDLE to their IMAP accounts making them true push. But the rest of those free email services don't offer IMAP yet.
    I still get the issue where versamail likes to constantly forget my exchange server password, if anyone knows how to fix that crap.
    You can download versamail for free from the cd. It supports everything!!