Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Based on a 30 minute urban drive, I'm not happy. Two crashes (the software, not the car). For the first part of the drive, the software just couldn't keep up with me (I was driving no more 30 mph). I pulled over and used LightSpeed to overclock, and then it worked acceptably.

I'd suggest caution about upgrading. I'll report back when I have more experience on which to base a judgment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    I don't have any reciever lockup on my Phone.. Using an I.trek reciever.
    Forgot to mention, I use MobileXT with Garmin 10x receiver. The receiver lockup bug has been documented in other forums.

But I haven't had a problem with this updated MobileXT so far. I'll know more after the weekend - going for long drive.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Maybe I'll hop in with you folks and do some testing of my own. I'll upgrade tonight.

I'm using XT with a Garmin 10x receiver, also. On a Treo 680.
    I only found this thread by chance.

Why not come over to the main thread on MobileXT here at TreoCentral, as the others there can help if they are aware of your problems.

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...130560&page=24

BTW, have you tried CleanStart, it helps increase the DBCache available.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    Why not come over to the main thread on MobileXT here at TreoCentral, as the others there can help if they are aware of your problems.
    Wow! Who knew? Thanks, Chas!

BTW, I installed v5 and ran a few errands today with it. Seemed stable on my 680, but then each of the trips was only about 6 or 7 miles.
    So far I'm very happy with the upgrade although it takes a little longer to load. Seems most of the bugs that I've been experiencing have gone away. Some new features that are a plus. I especially like the google local integration. Kudos to Garmin!
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by stannenb View Post
    Based on a 30 minute urban drive, I'm not happy. Two crashes (the software, not the car). For the first part of the drive, the software just couldn't keep up with me (I was driving no more 30 mph). I pulled over and used LightSpeed to overclock, and then it worked acceptably.

I'd suggest caution about upgrading. I'll report back when I have more experience on which to base a judgment.
    To follow up...

I've had a chance to do about 600 miles of mixed driving with this and I'm feeling good. The crashes? Gone. The lag? Gone. The GPS lockups? Mostly gone. The ones I had were "edge cases", like turning off the phone and things like that. Only once when driving.

If I did anything to alter the stability, I can't remember what it is. But now it seems to be working well, if not flawlessly.
    Following up here ,too --

I've put on quite a few miles with v5 and only had 1 crash. The "Local" feature is great as long as you're in a cell. I haven't been out in the boonies yet, but my guess is that you're SOL for a database if you get no cell reception.

All in all, it works well.
    I only have a few problems with v5:

It is kind of slow a few seconds lag driving on urban streets (slow redraw). (Card is formatted fine) It is fast when "Browsing Map"

The speed alerts are small alerts rathan than a big red bar at the top.

I like the customizable car icons and the new online features though!

A few things that would be nice though are Lane Guidence and Junction (Nuvi 7x5) and TTS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12