Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I'm looking for the latest version of NVBackup. Where's the best place to get it? Also, I have a 680 and I believe a number of you 680 users like NVBackup, is that true?
    Google Advanced Search
    Preferences

Web Personalized Results 1 - 10 of about 23,100 for nvbackup. (0.17 seconds)

Freeware Palm: NVBackup v1.18After trying a few different programs, I decided to go with NVBackup. My reasons ... it is free, it supports the use of encryption, it was user-friendly, ...
    www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/nvbackup.shtml - 32k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

HandyPalmStuffNVBackup: This is currently my most popular HandyPalmStuff project. It is a backup utility for NVFS-based PDAs: Palm T5, LifeDrive, TX, TE2, Treo 650, ...
    handypalmstuff.sourceforge.net/ - 20k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

SourceForge.net: FilesNVBackup backs up NVFS Palms. All code can be used under GPL, some also BSD. ... View older releases from the NVBackup package ...
    sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=92189 - 76k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

SourceForge.net: FilesYou have selected to download NVBackup. Below is a list of releases and files contained in this package. Before downloading, you may want to read the ...
    sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=92189&package_id=186018 - 113k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

The Gadgeteer - NVBackup - Palm OS Backup SoftwareGood backups of my Palm have saved my fanny several times. One time, I ended up using an obscure, almost forgotten and out of date backup file because every ...
    the-gadgeteer.com/review/nvbackup_palm_os_backup_software - 21k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

1src Forums - NVBackup beta 13Reload this Page NVBackup beta 13 ..... I'm getting an occasional crash when exiting NVBackup. ... CrashPro reports this: Application: NVBackup 1.0b15 ...
    1src.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109500 - 121k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

and many many more places
    RJuhl
    Yeah, put "NVBackup" into google.com and see what happens!
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Pruss put all of his freeware here after palmgear faded away.
    mp, it looks like some of the versions on Pruss' site are a bit old. For example, NVBackup is listed as v1.18 there. Here's a link at SourceForge for ver 1.21: http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...kage_id=186018
    1.21 is the lastest.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I went to SourceForge and I'm wondering what the difference is between binaries.zip and a source.zip? Further, am I suppose to download one or both? Sorry if this is a dumb question. Thanks for the SourceForge tip.
    The binaries will include the program you can directly run.
    The source contains the source code - not compiled - so you can edit the code yourself to make changes, etc.

Summary - get binaries.zip.
    Treo 680 GSM since July 2007
    Treo 600 GSM from November 2003 through July 2007
    AT&T (formerly Cingular, formerly PacBell PCS) since September 1998
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Catbert00, thanks for the quick reply.

I understand why a good backup program is needed. I did attempt to use Teal Backup before I started this thread and had some trouble with it. After doing a hard reset I attempted to restore my 680 from the TealBackup program, but ran accross a number of errors and files that could not be restored. It looks like of number of them were Documents to Go files, but some were unfamiliar to me. End result, I just ended up doing another hard reset and loaded all my 3rd party apps back to my handheld manually, which took forever.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Has anyone used NVBackup ver 1.21 or 1.18 with the 680? And is it compatible with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelN View Post
    Has anyone used NVBackup ver 1.21 or 1.18 with the 680? And is it compatible with it?
    Considering the very first post in this thread, obviously yes, lots of people use NVBackup on the 680.