Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    How do I close a running application ? I don't see an 'exit' or 'close' function defined and it's driving me crazy

This is my first Palm OS experience and am loving everything else except this issue...

Plz post! Thanks and wish you all a very happy new year!!

Rahul
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Welcome Rahul!!

because palms do not multi-task, they, for the most part, effectively exit an app every time you enter another program. Some apps do have a "run in the background" component, e.g. anything that runs an alarm and some instant messaging apps.

The only program that I have to deliberately exit is my IM program MunduIM, otherwise it will run in the background and drain the battery.

Have a great '08!
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    The simple answer is, "Press any of the aplication buttons: Phone, Calendar, Mail or Home to exit programs." I do have a couple of apps that use these buttons for controls so I also have the side button set to launch an app, too.

Another useful tip is to install LudusP. This program lets you re-assign all of the buttons on the phone to launch apps, including the Send & End Buttons which are redundant to the screen buttons when you're making a call. This gives you up to 12 app hotkeys when combined with the option button.
    11+ yrs w/ a Palm: It's come a long way!
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by M5Rahul View Post
    How do I close a running application ? I don't see an 'exit' or 'close' function defined and it's driving me crazy

This is my first Palm OS experience and am loving everything else except this issue...

Plz post! Thanks and wish you all a very happy new year!!

Rahul
    Also, be sure to stop a stream or track on PTunes. Finally, I've learned that Palm does multitask in some ways. PTunes, of course. You can do almost anything (except web and email) while on the phone, incluidng sending and receiving IM's.