Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Has anyone installed either A-Data or Patriot 16 GB SDHC card on Treo 700p without the MR Update? Could you please share your experince about the functionality of your 16gb card with me? I plan to buy one, and use it on my 700p which does NOT have the MR update on it. Since, I do not plan (very scared) to update to the 1.10 MR, will the Patriot 16Gb Sdhc card work with the v1.08 firware? I have been flawlessly using Sandisk 4 gb and Transcend 8 gb SDHC cards on my Treo since last year. Please share your experience with me before I buy the card. Also, which one is better, A-Data or Patriot brand? Thanks!
    If the 8GB SDHC works, there is no reason why a 16GB shouldn't.
    I can only say that one user has gotten the 16GB SDHC to work.
    But I am not sure of his firmware version.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    There are actually alot of people using 16GB SDHC cards and I've used both Patriot and Adata cards and they both work equally well before and after the update.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    The Adata is 16,062,611,456 bytes and the Patriot is 16,421,380,096 bytes so if you need that extra space and slightly better plastic, the Adata breaks pretty easily, then spend the extra on the Patriot.
    Good advice. I am holding out for the Transcend 16GB as I have had great luck with them in the past. Has anyone compared the quality of Patriot and Transcend before?

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    My 8gb Patriot kind of fell apart, so I had to superglue it back together.

FWIW
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by adjmcloon View Post
    My 8gb Patriot kind of fell apart, so I had to superglue it back together.

FWIW
    Oh that's great news...that's the one I'm using
    Not my day. I installed the SDIO driver (already had fat32) and the Adata 16GB card does not get recognized. So, I'm wondering, is it the SDHC card or did I miss something to put in the ROM? All the SD cards work (2 and 4GB, Patriot and Transcend). Any ideas?

Ray
    Redid the upload several times before filez actually showed the updates being present in ROM. I don't know why, but it seems the updates would show in the zip file, but not make it into ROM?! The last try, I switched to uploading using the directory method of ROMTool, instead of the zip method. Maybe that had something to do with it? Alos, I had forgotten to delete the MMCBulverdeInteldriver.prc file. All is Okie now.
    I have been using a 4GB transcend which I got from Newegg, no problems and fast.

So now Newegg has the 16GB transcend which I just ordered and will get next week. The Transcend is only slightly more than the Adata while Adata has free shipping.
    So I got the 16GB Transcend card and copied all my data to it from my old 4GB card. It seemed a little slower in writing on the PC side, but I wanted to test it for reading in the Treo 700P first and foremost. Popped it in the 700P, ran all my Card loaded apps which all worked fine, including TomTom navigator 6 which did not show any delay verus they way it ran from the 4GB card. Basically the same speed for my apps on this new 16GB that I had on the 4GB transcend. So thus far, this is a keeper.
    Im in the middle of my second RMA with NewEgg for an A-Data 16GB. Seems my driver on my internal card reader was formatting the card wrong. Ive since done 2 things, gotten an external reader rated for SDHC and changed the driver with MS's newest hotfix for XP Pro. (So says A-Data's tech support)

Time will tell if this will work.

Im very excited to get it but Im aggrevated too. OTOH Im not sure if its the driver or the cards. Reason I say that is Ive NEVER had a problem with my SanDisck 4GB SDHC on my lappers internal reader. Weird.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolsba View Post
    Has anyone installed either A-Data or Patriot 16 GB SDHC card on Treo 700p without the MR Update? Could you please share your experince about the functionality of your 16gb card with me? I plan to buy one, and use it on my 700p which does NOT have the MR update on it. Since, I do not plan (very scared) to update to the 1.10 MR, will the Patriot 16Gb Sdhc card work with the v1.08 firware? I have been flawlessly using Sandisk 4 gb and Transcend 8 gb SDHC cards on my Treo since last year. Please share your experience with me before I buy the card. Also, which one is better, A-Data or Patriot brand? Thanks!
    Adata cards are not built well and have a tendency to fall apart. I had a 1gb fall apart on me in half. Front and back came apart. Once you bend it once, its over. My friend had a 1gb patriot and it it crapped on her. She lost all her info. I've had a 4gb Transcend and is still going strong. I use it for my camera now since I no longer have a Treo.