1.    #1  
    I am trying to send a 7MB video file with versamail, is there a way around the size limit?

Ethan
    I think you can send any size but are limited to receiving 5120K
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    I think you can send any size but are limited to receiving 5120K
    The size restriction IS enabled on sending. Any way around it?
    When you say the restriction IS enabled - are you saying there is a setting to restrict outgoing email attachments sizewise? Because I cannot see such a setting in the email preferences.

I have to say that the largest file I have ever sent was no more than what I can receive - i.e. via forwarding an attachment that I have received.

7mb file is really large and slow even on EVDO - I hope you don't send alot of them :-)
    When you say the restriction IS enabled - are you saying there is a setting to restrict outgoing email attachments sizewise? Because I cannot see such a setting in the email preferences.

I have to say that the largest file I have ever sent was no more than what I can receive - i.e. via forwarding an attachment that I have received.

7mb file is really large and slow even on EVDO - I hope you don't send alot of them :-)
    I don't see a setting either, when I go to send the file it says it cannot send anything larger than 5MB. My question is does anyone know a way around this. I took a video of my son and want to post it to youtube.
    oh - now i know what you mean - probably the only way to do that is to transfer the video file to your pc and then send it - probably not what you wanted to hear.

another thought is YouTube could be the limitation - i know when you send a file from your pc, you are limited to a 10mb file unless you sign up as a director or something like that, then the upload is unlimited.

so i guess you have to find out "where" the limitation is - your phone or YouTube - and if it is your phone, you will just have to make sure your videos are kept within the 5mb limit by seeing how long time wise 5mb is if you want to upload by phone and not your pc
    Use Blazer to send the email using your webmail account.
  8.    #8  
    oh - now i know what you mean - probably the only way to do that is to transfer the video file to your pc and then send it - probably not what you wanted to hear.

another thought is YouTube could be the limitation - i know when you send a file from your pc, you are limited to a 10mb file unless you sign up as a director or something like that, then the upload is unlimited.

so i guess you have to find out "where" the limitation is - your phone or YouTube - and if it is your phone, you will just have to make sure your videos are kept within the 5mb limit by seeing how long time wise 5mb is if you want to upload by phone and not your pc
    The problem is on the Versamail side, Youtube allows for a 100mb upload. 5MB is about 80 - 100 seconds not terribly long at all.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jigwashere View Post
    Use Blazer to send the email using your webmail account.
    I tried using gmail but when I go to the attach a file the "browse" button does not show up in blazer, very annoying.