Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Hi Everyone

I just wanted to see if some of you had issues like this before. I am on my second Centro (the first one did not make or receive calls unless it was on "roam" mode even when the Sprint network had full signal and other Sprint phones were making and receiving calls fine. The replacement phone fixed all of that problem.

I noticed that my replacement centro had a different type of charger (kind of long and skinny instead of the square looking one that came with the older centro)

What I've noticed recently is that my battery life started going down every week. I started out at recharging it every 3 days then 2 days and now I have to recharge it every night or else it will die. (I had the phone for a little over a month now)

I am not connected to any EvDO stuff and it is not downloading emails. One thing I did notice was a buzzing noise coming from my charger when the phone is charging. I noticed in the Treo 755p forum that some of the chargers may have been faulty - resulting in a decreased battery life.

Is anyone else having this same problem or am I the only one? thanks!
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    My centro life is the same regardless of charger. try another charger?
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    alright. i will try the USB charger today and see if anything changes. If it does then I'll assume it was a faulty charger. BTW did anyone notice a hissing/buzzing noise when it is charging your Centro?
    No hissing noises out of mine... I had that way back when on my Tungsten C
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moonwoo View Post
    alright. i will try the USB charger today and see if anything changes. If it does then I'll assume it was a faulty charger. BTW did anyone notice a hissing/buzzing noise when it is charging your Centro?
    No hissing/buzzing with my wall charger, usb charger or car charger...
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    alright so I emailed Palm support about the buzzing noise and they said that it is a "normal" noise while charging. They suggested that I remove the battery while charging (which he said it will reset the charging circuitry). I tried that and charged the thing over night (buzzing noise still present) and I just removed the charger an hour ago (it went down to 99% immediately) and I will keep track of how long the juice will last this time.

I have not tried the USB charger (no noise) to check the battery life but that will be the next thing I will do. Thanks everyone for your input.
    Buzzing noise and chargers are not a normal thing. Also if your charger gets real hot its also an issue. Get a new charger. You dont want to play with electric stuff. I had a charger years ago that would buzz and get hot. I noticed that the plastic starting to melt and that went into the garbage. Same thing happened to my Sling box. It was getting super hot and buzzing. Sling told me to get rid of it imediatly.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Ok I have an update on the status. After resetting the circuitry like palm asked me to. The charger still only charges the battery to last 1 day with minimal use but if I do that and charge it through the USB I got 2 days and still have 80% charge remaining. Hmm... Do you think Palm will exchange the charger for me?