1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I looked for an answer.

My 1 month old Sprint 755p has been working fine. Now, it has decided to reset everytime I connect it to my computer. It just cycles back and forth between "access powered" and "palm" splash screens.

As soon as I disconnect it from the hotsync cable, it is fine.

All functions seem to work.

I've soft reset, re-booted the computer, several times.

Any ideas?
    Did you add any software just before this started? If removing that does not work. . . you may have to try a clean install:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...22&postcount=5

However, you may want to wait a day and see if anyone else has a quick fix.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the response. Perry.

I deleted all of the programs that I installed since last hotsync and used system restore to roll back my pc to prior to my last hotsync.

Still nothing.

My phone reports a crash of "unknown application" in "msflib". I don't know what that means, but I just received my 4gb kingston class 4 card yesterday. The time of the crash would have been right at that time. But the card mounted fine, with no formatting necessary.

But as soon as I plugged the phone in to load a couple of things on the card, the phone communicated with the pc and immed reset over and over. I assumed it wasn't the card because the phone reads it with no problem and I thought that the phone not reading the card was the bulk of the problems here.

Plus, the phone resets whenever I connect it via hotsync cable even though the card is not in it and I've taken the battery out for a soft reset.

But I do know that it's not solely connecting it to the hotsync cable that's the problem--if I plug the cable in WITHOUT connecting to the pc--no problem. But the instant the pc and phone communicate--reset.

And the instant I disconnect--everything is normal again.

And yes, it happens even if I close hotsync on the pc. It is instantaneous.

Different USB ports--same effect.
    Sounds like something got corrupted. The clean install would be my next step.

Cheers, Perry
  5.    #5  
    Perry, you were right, I needed to do a clean install. I'm pretty sure something went wrong when I popped in my new card. Really appreciate the help. I've had a palm for years and have always dreaded re-installing, but I think somewhere along the line it got easier!

Thanks again.
    Excellent !!

Glad to hear you got it fixed.

Cheers, Perry