1.    #1  
    Hello everyone. I have a used treo 650, which instead of the palmone logo on the body has an Orange logo.

When I got the phone it was unlocked. I was using it fine with my carrier called Velcom (Belarus).

Today i was dumb enough to enter just-for-fun *#*#1234# in the phone app. It said "The sim card has been unlocked". I resetted and now it says "This phone cannot be used with this simcard!"

Please help me.

Thanks in advance!
    Ryhor
    Oh... this is too bad. I did the same when I got my 650. I had to purchase an unlock key online for 19 USD...

- mvk
  3.    #3  
    I purchased mine for $15 at 650unlock.com
    $15 is a good price to make me think before doing something
    I wish you luck, but I must say that you did one of the dumbest things I've heard of in a long time. . .
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsirg View Post
    Hello everyone. I have a used treo 650, which instead of the palmone logo on the body has an Orange logo.

When I got the phone it was unlocked. I was using it fine with my carrier called Velcom (Belarus).

Today i was dumb enough to enter just-for-fun *#*#1234# in the phone app. It said "The sim card has been unlocked". I resetted and now it says "This phone cannot be used with this simcard!"

Please help me.

Thanks in advance!
    Ryhor
    lmao... Laughing aside...good luck
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    I wish you luck, but I must say that you did one of the dumbest things I've heard of in a long time. . .
    It is not that dumb, given the secrecy surrounding the "unlock" process. Not much information is available on this anywhere. Sometimes, I think that this whole unlock business is a back-end Palm (or any phone manufacturer) operation.

Curiosity is a good thing (sometimes), 15 USD notwithstanding and ahsirg is a developer.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Resetter View Post
    It is not that dumb, given the secrecy surrounding the "unlock" process. Not much information is available on this anywhere. Sometimes, I think that this whole unlock business is a back-end Palm (or any phone manufacturer) operation.

Curiosity is a good thing (sometimes), 15 USD notwithstanding and ahsirg is a developer.
    Well, smart people do dumb things sometimes. I have to learn lots of lessons the hard way. . .

NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    Well, smart people do dumb things sometimes. I have to learn lots of lessons the hard way. . .

for learning things the hard way.
    i have found it is the only way for me to learn
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Resetter View Post

Curiosity is a bad thing sometimes too. I have been bitten so many times that I don't get curious anymore...I get smart and find out what I am dealing with before I do damage. Making mistakes is what I have learned most from and that has nothing to do with being curious.
    at&t iPhone3G
    So, I just picked up a Treo 650 from eBay which is locked to Orange UK. I take it there's no free way to unlock (like I could with my 600) and will have to pay. Anyone got any suggestions as to where I should go?
  11.    #11  
    650unlock.com
    Nice one, worked a treat.
    We cannot unlock CDMA phones at this time
    http://650unlock.com/unlock/faq.py#Whatdoesunlockingdo

1. Looking to move a 650 Sprint to Cricket...

2. I'm starting to compile as much as I can upon the Treo family;
    3. esp. tools & toys
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...9&page=3&pp=15
    4. with an endgoal of finding a PC hack that can dial Treo's via bluetooth.

5. Dan, what did you use to unlock your 600?
    Thanks kindly!
    Last edited by BlueHack; 01/27/2008 at 10:48 AM.