1.    #1  
    anybody have problems with using the speakerphone and the person you are talking to hearing an echo of themselves? its almost like there is a delay, and the mic from the phone picks up the speakerphone sound. Also, anybody know of a way (without canceling the account) of changing the red centro for the pink one if I am still within the first 30 days of my contract (sero)? thanks again
    Quote Originally Posted by eighteight View Post
    anybody have problems with using the speakerphone and the person you are talking to hearing an echo of themselves? its almost like there is a delay, and the mic from the phone picks up the speakerphone sound. Also, anybody know of a way (without canceling the account) of changing the red centro for the pink one if I am still within the first 30 days of my contract (sero)? thanks again
    This can happen but VolumeCare will give you the ability to change the MIC volume and this will eliminate 99% of all echos.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    This can happen but VolumeCare will give you the ability to change the MIC volume and this will eliminate 99% of all echos.

Jeff
    Are you saying to turn down the MIC volume with VolumeCare? (I have 3 Centros on my account and this only happens with one of them. I didn't think he used the speakerphone, but I'll double-check.)
    Quote Originally Posted by star444 View Post
    Are you saying to turn down the MIC volume with VolumeCare? (I have 3 Centros on my account and this only happens with one of them. I didn't think he used the speakerphone, but I'll double-check.)
    Yes, typically the echo comes from an over modulation of the speaker volume and the MIC sensitivity. VolumeCare gives you the ability to control the MIC sensitivity. This should stop any echo that is being heard. Natively, the Centro (or any Treo) does not provide the ability to adjust the MIC sensitivity.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by eighteight View Post
    My wife's Centro has the exact same problem. Only it happens even without her phone being on speaker phone. I call her and I hear everything I say again. Its really annoying. I came here to see if anyone else was having the same problem and sure enough here you are. The problem is that volume care will not solve the problem.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    This happened to me, out of the blue and went on for a couple of days. It was fixed by a soft reset with the battery out for several minutes. It never came back.
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    My wife's Centro has the exact same problem. Only it happens even without her phone being on speaker phone. I call her and I hear everything I say again. Its really annoying. I came here to see if anyone else was having the same problem and sure enough here you are. The problem is that volume care will not solve the problem.
    What have you trioed in VolumeCare to stop the issue? Don't stop adjusting the MIC even when VolumeCare warns you about low volume. Adjusting the MIC should stop the echo.

Jeff