1.    #1  
    I am assuming I need to get VolumeCare..Now will I have to buy a separate program to work on the 755 and the Centro? My partner has the Centro so I wanted to have her volume adjusted also..If so, then that means I have to pay $14 a piece?

Thanks

New to 755 so will have lots of questions...thanks
    Volume Care is licensed to your device HS SN (device serial number)

Since each device has it's own unique ID, you would have to buy a license for each device..

3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply..I was afraid of that answer...lol
    Its all worth it though, GoTreoSoftware(Jeff)is one the BEST developers here, he can help you step by step and with quick responses.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I have asked this question before and don't believe I've ever gotten an explanation of why anyone with a 755p or Centro would need VolumeCare? VolumeCare was originally a great app for the older Smartphones that typically didn't have very loud volume. However, Palm has fixed that with both the Centro and the 755p, so what does VolumeCare offer that an owner of one of these two phones would benefit from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    I have asked this question before and don't believe I've ever gotten an explanation of why anyone with a 755p or Centro would need VolumeCare? VolumeCare was originally a great app for the older Smartphones that typically didn't have very loud volume. However, Palm has fixed that with both the Centro and the 755p, so what does VolumeCare offer that an owner of one of these two phones would benefit from?
    I depends on each individual user. Some use their phone in crowded places with a lot of background noise. It can be a real help there. I really don't need it but I can see the benefit others might take advantage of.

ET
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    Its all worth it though, GoTreoSoftware(Jeff)is one the BEST developers here, he can help you step by step and with quick responses.
    I'm big on the importance of customer service (something I'm willing to pay for) and Jeff comes through 100%.

ET
    Thanks ET. I've been curious about that. I'm writing a primer for Centro and 755p owners and wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something on VolumeCare.
  9.    #9  
    I need the volume, I can barely hear the rings and I do have it up..I do also work in an envirnment that is noisy..I am in the music/entertainment business so I need it..also isnt there suppose to be a vibration mode also?
    Thanks all for the nice comments! Once you buy VolumeCare, you can move your license from device to device as long as you are only using one license. We create keys based on your device's serial number. So when you switch devices, you need a new key. We do this because many people do not have HotSync ID's. Also, HotSync ID's are very unreliable and cause an enormous amount of support issues with license keys. So we try very hard to only use the HSSN numbers for key creation.

In other words, if you upgrade from a 755p to a Centro, just use the NEW KEY button (found int he License Key Management screen) and if your phone number is in our records, you will automatically get a new license key. If your number is not in our database, use the SMS request feature and we will send you a license key directly to your device. If this SMS method fails, send us all of the information you see in the device information screen and we will send you a new license key.

Net-Net, your initial VolumeCare purchase will be valid on new devices as long as you are only using one device.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by blkpanther9805 View Post
    I need the volume, I can barely hear the rings and I do have it up..I do also work in an envirnment that is noisy..I am in the music/entertainment business so I need it..also isnt there suppose to be a vibration mode also?
    VolumeCare does not change or effect vibration alerts. RingCare provides better control over vibrations for ringtones.

Jeff
  12.    #12  
    I need it also..my rings are so soft even after I changed the volume
    I use Volume Care and enjoy the program. I have similar volume issues with my Bluetooth headsets and am curious if there is a similar app available for those? Jeff, does your company produce one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    I needed it for almost everything on my 650. Needed it for NOTHING on my 680, as it was extremely loud. My new 755p needs it for ringtones only, so far. All external speaker sounds are softer on this device, including system tones. As long as it can wake me up, even if I have to turn the alarm volume all the way up, I'm happy.

FTR, I've had no issues and have had great sound since installing VC on my 755p.
    PalmOS user since 1998. Treo user since 2006. WM user since 4/1/2009.
    PalmPilot Personal > PalmPilot Pro Upgrade > PalmIII Upgrade > PalmIII > PalmIIIx > Efig PalmV8 > Visor Prism > PalmVx > m515 > Tungsten T|3 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo755p > Treo700wx > Treo800w > TreoPro
    "Riding for the Son" <><
    Quote Originally Posted by brons1 View Post
    I use Volume Care and enjoy the program. I have similar volume issues with my Bluetooth headsets and am curious if there is a similar app available for those? Jeff, does your company produce one?
    I am very happy you have had great success with VolumeCare!

Sorry to give you bad news but Bluetooth is a technology that will just not allow external programs to make volume changes. I have tried for a long time but have not been able to provide a working solution.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by sportyrydr View Post
    I needed it for almost everything on my 650. Needed it for NOTHING on my 680, as it was extremely loud. My new 755p needs it for ringtones only, so far. All external speaker sounds are softer on this device, including system tones. As long as it can wake me up, even if I have to turn the alarm volume all the way up, I'm happy.

FTR, I've had no issues and have had great sound since installing VC on my 755p.
    Every Treo will benefit from VolumeCare. Each Treo model is different and has a different volume limit. But VolumeCare does provide additional volume on every Treo. Also no Treo provides the ability to adjust the device's MIC volume unless you have installed VolumeCare.

VolumeCare TIP: 99% of all users should use AUTOMATIC MODE within VolumeCare. Unless you know exactly what you are doing, choosing advanced mode will probably result in you having lower volume from your Treo with VolumeCare installed.

Jeff