Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Hello Everyone, first off, just wanted to thank everyone for all your support and know how as it's been great to search the forums for information.

My wife and I recently purchased 2 Centros to replace our dated 650's since our contract was up and we couldn't pass up the deal on this amazing device. Both our phones have a quirk to them whenever we need to connect to Power Vision.

What happens is for whatever reason, the first time the phone tries to connect to the service, it fails 8 times out of 10. It will just sit at the "Connecting to Power Vision" screen until it times out. But if you click cancel or wait until it times out and try connecting again, it works like a charm....thoughts? Both Centros do it.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    If you just bought them today you will need to wait a few hrs...for the system to reconize the phones and then you should have no problems..I tried to use mine when I left the store...it diden't work. I tried a few hours later and performed just fine
    Police Officer: Sir, your eyes are red, are you drunk?

Drunk Driver: Officer, have you been eating donuts, your eyes are glazed?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    We've had them for 5 days now. Like I said, if you click cancel, or wait until it times out and try it again, it works like a charm, it's just kinda annoying to have to do that.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I had exactly the same problem. You need to call the technical support and ask them to reprogram your phone. You might have intrupted the revisioning process the first time, so this time don't touch it until its finished.
  5. Cas
    Quote Originally Posted by jshamoon View Post
    Hello Everyone, first off, just wanted to thank everyone for all your support and know how as it's been great to search the forums for information.

My wife and I recently purchased 2 Centros to replace our dated 650's since our contract was up and we couldn't pass up the deal on this amazing device. Both our phones have a quirk to them whenever we need to connect to Power Vision.

What happens is for whatever reason, the first time the phone tries to connect to the service, it fails 8 times out of 10. It will just sit at the "Connecting to Power Vision" screen until it times out. But if you click cancel or wait until it times out and try connecting again, it works like a charm....thoughts? Both Centros do it.
    I had that exact same problem... Just call sprint and make sure Power Vision is turned on... At first I just had vision on and the connection kept failing and would never work...
    jshamoon - did you solve the issue? I had the same issue for over a year with my 700p, and now I have the same issue with my Centro. I just lived with it, but am curious to see if it is fixable.
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Switch to the phone interface and dial.

##EVDO#

and check "Disable Broadband (1xRTT Only)"

I had the same problem with mine. It appears EVDO isn't quite rolled out completely in my area, but 1xRTT is. 1xRTT is still quite fast!
    Turns out despite having SERO, my account did not have Power vision enabled (just Regular). Not sure how that happened, but that's not cool - I thought I was getting Power Vision for the past year! Sent an email to customer care, let's see what they say...
    Final update - if you had a phone with Regular Vision and changed to a phone with Power Vision, they need to reset your Sprint Provisioning account from their end (and not just have you reprovision). This removes some sort of "Regular Vision" flag and lets you provision Power Vision as expected.

Now that I have Power Vision, I can't believe I was using 1xRTT for over a year without realizing it. Power Vision is sooooo much faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by MAdMoNKEY View Post
    Final update - if you had a phone with Regular Vision and changed to a phone with Power Vision, they need to reset your Sprint Provisioning account from their end (and not just have you reprovision). This removes some sort of "Regular Vision" flag and lets you provision Power Vision as expected.

Now that I have Power Vision, I can't believe I was using 1xRTT for over a year without realizing it. Power Vision is sooooo much faster.
    You are a life-saver! I am on the grandfathered Vision plan, so when I got the Centro and I just added PowerVision on top of it. I activated the phone a few days ago and it has been very slow. I think it was trying to get on EV-DO network (was showing blue arrows) but would always fail after awhile and fall back on 1x (green arrows).

After reading your note, I called Tech Support, read them your post and they fixed whatever was ailing me Internet and Google Maps are much faster. Sprint Mobile Email doesn't appear to be faster but I have a feeling it's because it sucks to begin with (need to find something better that does Gmail, Hotmail, and Yahoo).
    Nice, glad I can help. Before the fix my phone would always fail the first few times trying to connect to Vision, which was extremely frustrating. Now, I connect to Power Vision without fail & within a few seconds. I feel like I have a brand new phone.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I'm on the phone with a Sprint rep as I type...I will let you all know what happens!
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Please do jshamoon! I have an employee who went from the 650 to the Centro on Friday and he is having the same sort of Internet issues. Sporadic Internet access, activesync is completely screwing up and hard reboots. Sounds very similar...
    I just got 2 Centros to replace my phones on Friday and was thinking the browsing performance was terrible too.

Did a speed test and saw a maximum speed of 88kbps with 1.5 secs of latency.

Got on the phone with support and reprovisioned my Vision services and now am seeing 300+kbps and less than 0.5 sec latency!
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    To follow up, my co-worker called Sprint and wasn't on the PowerVision either. They reprogrammed his phone and all his problems have gone away.
    Quote Originally Posted by ray916mn View Post
    I just got 2 Centros to replace my phones on Friday and was thinking the browsing performance was terrible too.

Did a speed test and saw a maximum speed of 88kbps with 1.5 secs of latency.

Got on the phone with support and reprovisioned my Vision services and now am seeing 300+kbps and less than 0.5 sec latency!
    Which test are you using? Could you give a link? Thank you
    I called Tech Support they guy assured me since I had a centro it only supports Power Vision and Vision wasn't supported. I told him I have not been getting the speed they are advertising. He assured me this could not be possible. And said it says power vision on your account. I told him many other people on the forum have this problem please reprogram my phone. During the reprogramming he said I don't believe it you were right both the phones on your account are still just setup for vision. After about ten minutes on the phone both phones are on power vision. It is a big difference in speed I got 365kbps when I used to average about 90.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    Jayzee, how do you test your speed?

The highest I've gotten on a few runs with DSL Report's mobile test (with 1 MB file) was 162 kbit/s and that was after I called tech support. It was in the 80s before and the whole connection stuff was wonky (tried to connect to PV, couldn't, fell back to V). So even though I don't ever fall back on green arrows anymore, perhaps I need to give them a call back...
    I used the same site and test you did dsl reports 1mb file. It depends on a lot of factors such as; time of the day and location. The first time I tested I got 287kbps and the third time I tested I got 365kbps. The tests were less than 5 minutes apart.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    I used the same site and test you did dsl reports 1mb file. It depends on a lot of factors such as; time of the day and location. The first time I tested I got 287kbps and the third time I tested I got 365kbps. The tests were less than 5 minutes apart.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast