Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by MAdMoNKEY View Post
    Final update - if you had a phone with Regular Vision and changed to a phone with Power Vision, they need to reset your Sprint Provisioning account from their end (and not just have you reprovision). This removes some sort of "Regular Vision" flag and lets you provision Power Vision as expected.

Now that I have Power Vision, I can't believe I was using 1xRTT for over a year without realizing it. Power Vision is sooooo much faster.
    i did this today and all i can say i wow
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Sorry for the late reply, been busy as of late. Just like many posters have stated, we were never on a "Power Vision" plan, just a regular one. So we ended up paying the more $ and got on the Power plan which enabled the EVDO. I must say, it is worth the extra cash. The connection speed is much, much faster. I would say 4-8 times faster depending on the signal.

For $15/month, it's definitely the best deal out there when it comes to different cellular providers data connection rates.

p.s., the Centro is one sweet device.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Sorry for the late reply, been busy as of late. Just like many posters have stated, we were never on a "Power Vision" plan, just a regular one. So we ended up paying the more $ and got on the Power plan which enabled the EVDO. I must say, it is worth the extra cash. The connection speed is much, much faster. I would say 4-8 times faster depending on the signal.

For $15/month, it's definitely the best deal out there when it comes to different cellular providers data connection rates.

p.s., the Centro is one sweet device.
    Quote Originally Posted by echto View Post
    Switch to the phone interface and dial.

##EVDO#

and check "Disable Broadband (1xRTT Only)"

I had the same problem with mine. It appears EVDO isn't quite rolled out completely in my area, but 1xRTT is. 1xRTT is still quite fast!
    How do you access the phone interface to dial letters?
    *Sigh* Looks like my area doesnt have EVDO yet. It IS about 30 miles away, where we shop, so I guess I can get my fill at the Costco, while my wife shops ! (grin)
    Eric "FerretBOY" T.
    Sprint Centro in Black - Stewie skin on top. (What the Deuce???)
    Running Lightspeed for battery and CPU boost.

"Welcome to Sprint . . . Sorry, you live in a backwater area that doesn't support EVDO . . . You lose . . . Please HOLD, while we place you on HOLD!!"

If G-D didnt want man to have a treo, he wouldnt give us opposable thumbs to type on its keyboard !
    Quote Originally Posted by L_Bo View Post
    How do you access the phone interface to dial letters?
    Just hit the option key. Its the one to the lower left. It has a white face. Hit that first and it will toggle between letters and numbers. If you want to keep it at number/symbols, hit it twice, and then just hit it once to go back to letters. You can to the same with the up arrow key to change from lower case to upper case letters.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12