1.    #1  
    Well, a few weeks ago, my treo took quite a tumble onto a hardwood floor. It fell at such an angle that the screen was actually cracked, which caused damaged pixels in the upper left corner of the screen. I was willing to keep the unit despite that issue but this charging problem has become more than I can tolerate.

This began a month after I dropped the phone. my treo no longer charges when I plug it in. I have two other spare batteries and the same problem happens when using every one of them. Its as if the unit no longer recognizes the power cable. Strange.

I was wondering how sprint might handle this situation. I have insurance and I am eligible for an upgrade.

Will sprint replace it with another 650 or a centro or 755p? thanks for any help and guidance.
  2.    #2  
    Will sprint replace it with a 755p?
    I would just do an upgrade to a new phone if you plan to stick with sprint for a while. The insurance might replace it with a refreshed treo 650, and in the past i haven't had good luck with refurbished phones.
    but that was with cingular, and sprint might do there insurance different. IMO the best bet is to just call them, and ask what your options are.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by thesteve151 View Post
    I would just do an upgrade to a new phone if you plan to stick with sprint for a while. The insurance might replace it with a refreshed treo 650, and in the past i haven't had good luck with refurbished phones.
    but that was with cingular, and sprint might do there insurance different. IMO the best bet is to just call them, and ask what your options are.
    thanks, steve. im getting ready to go in and upgrade from this thing at this point. Im just torn between the 755 and the centro. what kills me about the centro is the weaker battery life and the smaller keyboard. i love the feel of the 755 but the lag issues and price concern me. I type a lot of memos, do a lot of web browsing and text messaging. should i go with the 755?
    it is really a preference, maybe go to the forums, and check them out more to see which is more suited for your needs.

oh and when your done with the broken treo sell it on ebay as a parts phone.
    let me know if you do put it up on ebay, i can always use a parts phone, now that me, my bro, and his girfriend all have treos.
  6.    #6  
    Ill let ya know if I decide to put it up on ebay, steve. Thanks for the feedback.