Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    As far as I know, roaming has always been designated by a blue triangle. I recently installed the program that kills the call ended & duration pop-up and my blue triangle also disappeared. a "R" is now in its place. I just wanted to verify that these 2 are related...never seen this mentioned before.
    I believe R also means you are roaming...

just speculating... but the R may mean you are roaming thru a non-partner telecom, while the blue triangle appears when you are roaming with Alltel or something (which from what i hear Sprint has an agreement with to use their network for roaming purposes)

might not make sense but thats whats in my head
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    I believe R also means you are roaming...

just speculating... but the R may mean you are roaming thru a non-partner telecom, while the blue triangle appears when you are roaming with Alltel or something (which from what i hear Sprint has an agreement with to use their network for roaming purposes)

might not make sense but thats whats in my head
    That kind of makes sense and all, but I have had this phone for a few months now and I've never seen the R. Same office, same desk, just different roaming notification. Just to ease my mind, I want to know why it is all of a sudden a R instead of the blue triangle I'm used to seeing.
    You installed an overlay to get rid of the call duration screen. That overlay installed the old generic versions of the roaming icons from I believe the 650. Simple solution is to delete the overlay and see if your roaming icon comes back. If so, you know the source of the change.
    It is the installation of the overlay. I have had the same experience on my Treo. I like the R better than the dunce hat, anyway.
    Matty