Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am trying to download the free trial. I saved it to my SD card but when I go to open it it says no available theme. What does that mean? How do I try the free trial w/out having or purchasing a theme? Please help, I'm clueless.
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    You also have to have a theme installed so it know what to do. I gave up on it and got LauncherX.
    Yes you need a theme , you can get free ones from there site , link below. I always thought it was not smart that Zlauncher didnt come with a built in theme . Just hotsync one of these and you should be good to go.

http://www.zztechs.com/download/ZLauncher/themes.htm
  4.    #4  
    Please help me before I throw my centro across the room!!!

OK, I went to the website above and downloaded a theme. I did the hot-sync and it said it was successful. I go to the centro under card and it's not there. I go to card info and it said I have 6 items which is correct but only 5 are showing up on the card menu. I click the zlauncher and it still says I need a theme. Where the he!! did the one go that I hot-synced???? What am I doing wrong???
    Far I I know you have to have the themes in Internal Memory and not the card. I could be wrong but Mine are in Internal.Also try Emailing the theme to yourself and install that way just to get it going.
    hollieplus

Throwing your Centro across the room because you don't understand what to do, is not a good idea, but hey, it's your phone.

When you download a theme from the above site, it comes in a zip file. You need to open the zip file and extract the .prc file and send that to the device RAM. In other words, the device memory.

Then go into ZLauncher and chose the theme. ZLauncher is complicated for n00bs and you need to read the readme text files that came with main ZLauncher program zip.

If you're looking for a good launcher, try TreoLauncher. It's simple and looks awesome. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by SueWalsh623 View Post
    If you're looking for a good launcher, try TreoLauncher. It's simple and looks awesome. :-)
    I agree completely!

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...almscreen1.jpg
  9.    #9  
    Is it a lot easier?? I gave up on zlauncher. I have no idea what I'm doing. I'll be the first to admit that. This is my first PDA or smartphone and I really have no clue. I'm learning though. I got the directory assistant and mycheckbook up and runnung but I really want a launcher that's simple, easy, and beginner friendly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hollieplus2 View Post
    Is it a lot easier??
    I really want a launcher that's simple, easy, and beginner friendly.
    When I first got my Centro, I tried just about every launcher out there. I didn't care for any of them, they all seemed to want to pack too many features into it. I kept coming back to the Palm default launcher and pretty much decided that it would be sufficient for me.

I had heard of Treo Launcher and decided to try it as a last resort. I wish I had found it sooner! Very simple to use, and a lot of great features without overkill.

It's the last launcher you'll ever use!

Edited to add: I don't think there is a manual for Treo Launcher but there is a forum for it here and you can always ask questions here if you want. One thing I do whenever I add a new app is to hit the menu button (button on right of keyboard, next to Alt key) and then scroll through the different options to see what they all do. Most are self-explanatory.
    Last edited by Trekker; 12/30/2007 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Added more info
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    As posted above give LauncherX a try. It does cost $20 but it's more flexable than Treo launcher in the tabs function. Thing I didn't like about Treo Launcher is you had to keep switching back to the original launcher to arange the catagories because Treo Launcher uses the default tabls. With Launcher X you can create new tabs and drag and drop the icons into the tabs. You can also specify you want 4 rows of Icons instead of 3 so you can fit more in a tab. I created a "Junk" tab that is hidden and put in all icons I'll never use in it and I now I don't see them anymore in my launcher.

On a side note, what program do you use on your Centro to capture the screen?
    Last edited by Gottria; 12/30/2007 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Side note added.
    As a long time Zlauncher user I gave Treo Launcher a spin and its nice. Not as good as Zlauncher (in my opinion ) but its easier and if your having problems with Zlauncher then it is the one to try. Zlauncher is a very complicated program. Back when I was using Silver Screen I resisted switching to ZL for 2 years even thought Silver Screen was getting outdated. I was overwhemled by ZL. but eventually I did and it took me a long time to get it down but now its easier but stlll TreoLauncher is simple and very good and I reccomend it to anyone who wants a great simple launcher. If you want alot of customization then some of the others are the way to go. Treo Launcher seemed to me very similar to Silver Screen , maybe what Silver Screen would have become if they didnt stop updating it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    On a side note, what program do you use on your Centro to capture the screen?
    I use Toysoft's QuickTake which costs $9.95.
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    OK, I finally got a screen shot of LauncherX. It's my main page.
    http://gottria.smugmug.com/photos/237822254-X3.jpg

I also loaded Treo launcher to see if had been updated.

And I need to look for a freeware screen capture utility, I just noticed the banner on the bottom.
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Here is another except I moved some of the Icons around and changed the theme to the tabs on the left. Most of the themes are built in to the program.
    http://gottria.smugmug.com/photos/237828033-X3.jpg
    Last edited by Gottria; 12/31/2007 at 12:26 AM.
    Here's my TreoLauncher:

http://home.att.net/~sue.nyc/snap.jpg
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Nice Sue, how did you get the differant Icons?
    Snap is freeware. Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Chimmer View Post
    I use Toysoft's QuickTake which costs $9.95.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    Nice Sue, how did you get the differant Icons?
    Bump.. I wanna know where she got those icons too.
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Snap is freeware. Ben

I tried Snap and couldn't figuare out how to snap a screen shot.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast