1.    #1  
    Just got a new 755 and tried downloading a file (AAC format) but the phone does not recognize the format. My son's Centro recognized it as a ringtone compatible format, but not my 755. I don't have a memory card yet, but I didn't think that would keep it from recognizing the file. Didn't recognize a .WAV either.

Edit Update: Never mind - Apparently I do need a memory card. I was hoping to hold out for a 4GB but might just settle for a 2GB for the time being.
    Last edited by dlwilliams48; 12/26/2007 at 06:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dlwilliams48 View Post
    Just got a new 755 and tried downloading a file (AAC format) but the phone does not recognize the format. My son's Centro recognized it as a ringtone compatible format, but not my 755. I don't have a memory card yet, but I didn't think that would keep it from recognizing the file. Didn't recognize a .WAV either.

Edit Update: Never mind - Apparently I do need a memory card. I was hoping to hold out for a 4GB but might just settle for a 2GB for the time being.
    You do not need a memory card. Go to sprintusers and use the focus loader to send the file to your phone. It will automatically be downloaded as a ringtone, which can be found, of course, in sounds.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, but that still did not work. What I do not understand is that on my son's Centro, going to my website with the .aac file, and starting the download, it will ask if I want it to be a ringtone. The 755 says the format is not recognized. I've tried aac, wav and m4a, all to no avail.