Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have a Kingston 4gb miniSD Class6 for about a month now and use it everyday with no problem at all and is "way" faster than my 2gb mini/micro class?? that I bought from Sprint.

It used to take 5 min to do a NVBackup - now it takes 1 min 30 sec - perfect card - I'll keep my fingers crossed - btw my 755p is the old 1.04 rom - and I use a program called CardReader to transfere files to and from my Win XP pc.

Oh, one more thing - I did not do anything fancy like reformat using different sector sizes etc. - I just used my Kingston straight out of the box and it worked perfect!
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Awesome news - my Kingston 4gb SDHC class 6 arrives today. Can't wait for the NVBackup to kick off.
    yep.
    I've had a Kingston 4gb SDHC card for 6 months now with no problems.
    Treo300>600>650>755p>Pre
    Just wanted to weigh in here on my recent SDHC problems. I also got a Kingston 4GB miniSDHC card at the 6 speed and had no issues for the last 6 months. Worked right out of the box and was very fast, especially with backups. Also started using Softick's Card Export since I didn't have any HC compatible card readers for my PC or laptop. This is relatively slow since I assume that the USB connection from the Treo's cradle is not the faster 2.0.

Then as I was preparing for a trip (of course last minute and didn't do a backup first), I was trying to use Media Player to sync music to the phone. Well MP filled up the card, and it became corrupted. Lost all the data that was on the card So I reset the card and left it formatting all night. Did not work. Used the adapter and put in my Nikon D40 camera and it would not format either - said the card was unusable or corrupt. So just got a USB card reader that supports HC and same thing - will not format.

So called Kingston and got the RMA all set up and then was informed that this card is discontinued but the tech didn't know why. Seems that all their miniSDs are done for:

http://intl.sohail2d.com/Hardware_Ne...mcmobile-cards

So I am sending the Kingston card back for "repair" but don't know what I'll get back. Maybe even a refund.

Now trying to figure out whether to try an 8GB micro (people are having mixed results, some due to the adapter you need for from micro to mini), invest in another 4GB mini, or go back to a tried and true SanDisk 2GB, miniSD and non-HC.
    Mine that I got from buy.com just died yesterday .. noticed that during the backup at 3am it got stuck and saw that my card was missing and somehow in my sleep I did a hard reset and lost everything (adding insult to injury). Luckly I had taken a backup off the card about a month ago so it wasn't a complete loss. EAS also saved my **** being that it was able to give me back all of my calendar dates and contacts that my backup was missing.
    I got a 4GB miniSDHC class 4 from Buy.com around a month ago and it worked for about 2 days. It died when I was transferring music via Yahoo music. I understand readers may be better but you can not transfer protected songs that way. I was in the middle of moving about 500 songs over and it died. I got a new one from Buy.com and it has been working for about a week now. This time I transferred everything except the protected music via the reader and used Yahoo for the balance.

The card info in on the phone says it is a Toshiba card but I assume that is a reading mistake?

I am keeping my Sandisk 2GB micro card handy just in case.....
    I had a 4GB Kingston that died on me (from Amazon) within 24 hours. At first, I transferred a few files and it seemed fine. Later on, when backing up some large files , the card crashed. I was able to reformat the card, and then I tried it again. It would work for a while, until the bad sector of the card got read and then it would crash. I had recovered the card and reformatted about five or six times before I gave up on it.

Amazon replaced it for me in no time flat and the new replacement works great! A word to the wise, whenever you get a new card - be sure to put it through it's paces by transferring several VERY large files to it, and filling it up. Just to make sure it works before you have to find out the hard way a few days later.
    I've had 2 8gb kingston sd cards. first one lasted till I sol my treo 8 months. My current one died in 3 months. One day I was moving files from it and then the card disappered. Poof. Kingston is sending a replacment but its irritating.
    It would be further irritating if you found out there was no support in the US for the card, so that your only recourse was to buy another card and throw the failed one out. At least that is how I am looking at it since my Toshiba 4Gb died and there is no US support for it (at least that I coudl find).
    yep.
    Too bad for the Toshiba crowd. I agree, at least Kingston steps up the to plate and offers replacements.

It is strange but I am kind of hesitatant to put the card through anything knowing how sensitive it appears to be!!!
    700P...755...Pre+...Pre 2...Touchpad
    I have the same problem with my kingston. My second 4gb kingston just died, and only a month after being replaced (they were still doing forward replacements early February). My time is worth more than this mucking around with SD cards. Just spent an hour looking for a replacement card to buy, in case kingston is crap again. I decided on the sandisk 2gb ultra II mini sd. It's 2gb less, but hey, I don't watch movies or listen to music on my palm anyways. I have an ipod mini for that.

jcl324fl, whatever happened with your Kingston RMA? Did they replace the card for you.
    if you get it replaced, sell it and get a different brand.
    thank you captain obvious :-P
    Judging by a couple posts in here it must not be that obvious.
    i know its hard to imagine, but sometimes a persons time is worth more than the money to be made back by selling a card. (going to the postoffice takes at least an hour)
    Just curious - the people that had bad cards - did you simply use them out of the box - or did you reformat using the different cluster sizes that have been mentioned in the forums.

I am wondering if you leave them bone stock of of the box if they are more reliable?
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    mouseglider, i used both of mine straight out of the box.
    Quote Originally Posted by gene303 View Post
    I have the same problem with my kingston. My second 4gb kingston just died, and only a month after being replaced (they were still doing forward replacements early February). My time is worth more than this mucking around with SD cards. Just spent an hour looking for a replacement card to buy, in case kingston is crap again. I decided on the sandisk 2gb ultra II mini sd. It's 2gb less, but hey, I don't watch movies or listen to music on my palm anyways. I have an ipod mini for that.

jcl324fl, whatever happened with your Kingston RMA? Did they replace the card for you.
    Here's the latest in my dealings with Kingston. Having read many success stories of people using microSD cards with a mini adapter in the Treo 755, I called Kingston back and got them to send me their 4GB MicroSD with kit with both mini and SD adapters (and only Class 4). Not really knowing what to expect from a "repaired" mini card, I figured I'd switch over to the micro world since mini's are becoming extinct. I received this new card within about 4 days (kudos to Kingston, they pay for FedEx 2 day shipping back to them and return the new one just as fast). But unfortunately, the micro card would worked once for a minute and never again. Enough to at least create the Palm folders on the card. I kept re-seating the card in the adapter and then into the phone but no luck. I then tried the SD adapter with my USB card reader (yes a new one that supports HC) and it worked fine on the PC. Took that same adapter with the micro card and put it in my Nikon D40 camera (which the first mini card worked just fine in) and got the "damaged card could not be used error". I also did another test with my Treo: a friend had a Sandisk 2gb non-HC micro card in his phone and I put it in the Kingston mini adapter and up came all his music that played just fine with PocketTunes. So I basically proved that both adapters worked and the micro card worked, just not in the combinations I wanted.

Back to Kingston, and then I started hearing from the techs that the Treo 755p is not supported for HC! I said come on now, the mini worked fine. Seems like they're having too many issues with their cards and using "compatibility" now as an excuse. Bottom line: since the card works in the proper adapters in the PC, then there's nothing I could do since I basically could prove that the micro did work somewhere. So I was resigned to having a 4GB jump drive for my PC and go find another mini 4gb card for my Treo. But lo and behold, a level 2 tech from Kingston called me the next day, and wanted to find out more. He agreed the micro card *should* work in both the phone and especially the camera. But if we were to replace this micro with another, I'd probably have the same issues. ARGH - another example of hardware "standards" that unwitting consumers get to "test" for the manufacturers. So he was willing, and I agreed, to send the micro back and get a regular SD 4gb Class 6 card that I could use in my camera. I can live with my "investment" in Kingston as long as this latest card works in the Nikon.

Now to find a mini card for the Treo or just resign myself to a 2 gb card Anyone know about this card?

http://www.newegg.com/product/produc...82E16820220260

One guy there said it worked with his Treo 755 and for only $17 I figure it's worth a shot.

MouseGlider: I too just used the original Kingston miniSD card out of the box - never occurred to me to reformat it
    JCL