Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    verizon has these for 129.99 with the minisd and standard sd adapter.
    these should work in theory but no one (that i know of) has tested it yet. id be willing to try it out and report back how well it works with the 755p.

i can get this with my discound for 99.99. is anyone willing to donate to help out with the price tag in order to find out how well they work. i hate to spend the 100.00 and find out that it does not work or work well.

or if anybody has bought one of these can they report back on them??
    what, there's zero return policy? go get one from somewhere that takes returns, plug it in and find out, not that hard...
    The sandisk 6gb microsd works, so there's no reason 8gb should not.
    I am so watching this thread fyi, 8gb is selling at ebay for about $80
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    I am so watching this thread
    Yeah I got tired of watching and decided to try it out myself.

A sandisk 8gb micro sdhc with a sandisk micro to mini adapter shows only 3679.3MB on the 755P's native CardInfo application.

I'm unsure however if this means that all 8gb's are not accessible and CardInfo is simply reading the incorrect amount of space. I'll have to put a 3679.3MB file on the 8gb sdhc and see if the treo will not read/write any additional files after that.

Any other suggestions?
    Last edited by lalala; 01/16/2008 at 03:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lalala View Post

A sandisk 8gb micro sdhc with a sandisk micro to mini adapter shows only 3679.3MB on the 755P's native CardInfo application.

I'm unsure however if this means that all 8gb's are not accessible and CardInfo is simply reading the incorrect amount of space. I'll have to put a 3679.3MB file on the 8gb sdhc and see if the treo will not read/write any additional files after that.

Any other suggestions?
    See this article on PiC: http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/7...now-available/

...The Treo 680 has unofficially supported 4GB SDHC cards since launch. Additionally, Palm advises that the 1.10 ROM versions of the 700p officially support 4GB SDHC cards. I can verify that higher-capacity 8GB and 16GB cards do work in some fashion under the Garnet OS, but due to a 32-bit addressing bug, the Card Info app has severe issues when trying to see the available space on these cards. In short, the Palm OS "sees" things in 4GB (or less) chunks...
    Quote Originally Posted by lalala View Post

Any other suggestions?
    Its the reporting of the amount of space on the card that seems not to work in using 8gb cards. Otherwise it should be able to read the data on the card and write to it without problems.

I too got tired of waiting. Actually been waiting for my 8gb ffrom eBay for a week now and anxious to get my hands on it. Actually got some info in this thread

http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic,51718.0.html

and decided from there that it will work.

Word of advise: Fill your card past the 4GB card for more flawless operation.
    My 8GB Micro SDHC works fine and without any problems. I can confirm that "File Z" and the "Info" Card, screens do not display the free space details correctly. However, when I plug the card into my my PC, and query the properties of the card, I have 7GB used, mostly with music. I have been able to access all of my music on the the card, all of my Audible content, all Mapopolis maps, all applications that I launch from the card and all of the pics and video that I store on it too. I also have been successful in using MM Player for video playback. I hope that this helps!
    Quote Originally Posted by run26.2 View Post
    My 8GB Micro SDHC works fine and without any problems. I can confirm that "File Z" and the "Info" Card, screens do not display the free space details correctly. However, when I plug the card into my my PC, and query the properties of the card, I have 7GB used, mostly with music. I have been able to access all of my music on the the card, all of my Audible content, all Mapopolis maps, all applications that I launch from the card and all of the pics and video that I store on it too. I also have been successful in using MM Player for video playback. I hope that this helps!

Do you hotsync data to your card? any problems hotsyncing with docs2go?
    Sorry, I do not hotsync data to my card. I use Docs to Go, but I usually, copy the files that I want to take with me, directly to the card in Win Explorer. I do use Audible though, and the desktop sees my card without any problem.
    I have been enjoying my new 8gb microSD on my 755p (with micro to mini adaptor of course) for 2 days now....

preliminary findings:

- it works!!
    - used it right out the box. no formatting done. renamed it in card info with no problems
    - able to hotsync stuff to the card without any problems
    - at one point ptunes took forever to find my music (over 4gb! ). otherwise no problems with ptunes. since yesterday probably 3 songs had some skipping
    - mo' memory mo' problems! i have about 300MB left and i feel i need more!
    - indeed once you fill up the card past the 4gb mark, the space left indicated in Card Info will be accurate
    - i noticed a slight slowdown on writing to the card by my RescoBackup

Thats all for now... will see in a couple more days
    at one point ptunes took forever to find my music (over 4gb! ). otherwise no problems with ptunes. since yesterday probably 3 songs had some skipping
    I think PTunes does this once every time you restart the phone. The way around it that I found was to create a playlist of all the songs on your SD Card. That way it just assumes your playlist is the songs you have rather than looking.
    nice tip papped... will do that thanks!
    I have been enjoying my new 8gb microSD on my 755p (with micro to mini adaptor of course) for 2 days now....

preliminary findings:

- it works!!
    - used it right out the box. no formatting done. renamed it in card info with no problems
    - able to hotsync stuff to the card without any problems
    - at one point ptunes took forever to find my music (over 4gb! ). otherwise no problems with ptunes. since yesterday probably 3 songs had some skipping
    - mo' memory mo' problems! i have about 300MB left and i feel i need more!
    - indeed once you fill up the card past the 4gb mark, the space left indicated in Card Info will be accurate
    - i noticed a slight slowdown on writing to the card by my RescoBackup

Thats all for now... will see in a couple more days

Can you please provide the link that you bought the card from?
    If you bought it from eBay, can you please provide the seller's name??

Also how well does the card work with "CardReader v1.07"
    I love that app (sync-ing with out actually haveing to use hotsync)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fully_Amazing View Post
    Can you please provide the link that you bought the card from?
    If you bought it from eBay, can you please provide the seller's name??

Also how well does the card work with "CardReader v1.07"
    I love that app (sync-ing with out actually haveing to use hotsync)
    Got it at ebay for $80 with shipping. DZ tech is the seller. I am giving them negative feedback though. Their communication is poor, shipping took 2 weeks! it was actually a week before they got to ship it from CA. Seller sucks. But product works. it comes only in the plastic container for the card... no cardboards or anything. $80 is still a deal so i may give them a neutral feedback.

As for the cardreader, i dont use that app but i use mocean and that has a "connect as USB reader" function and it does work without any problems.
    Got it at ebay for $80 with shipping. DZ tech is the seller. I am giving them negative feedback though. Their communication is poor, shipping took 2 weeks! it was actually a week before they got to ship it from CA. Seller sucks. But product works. it comes only in the plastic container for the card... no cardboards or anything. $80 is still a deal so i may give them a neutral feedback.

As for the cardreader, i dont use that app but i use mocean and that has a "connect as USB reader" function and it does work without any problems.

Cool!!! Thanks a lot!!!

Has anyone found the 16 GB???
    and if so... How does that hold up???
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    What class card is it that you're using. A class 4 card is probably too slow to feed mp3 to the 755.
    Quote Originally Posted by flyin2low View Post
    What class card is it that you're using. A class 4 card is probably too slow to feed mp3 to the 755.
    It is a Class 4 card. But it is working well.
    my 4gb class 4 card works really well for my mp3 listening
    I even play video with my class 4 4GB and no problems either
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast