Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    So is there such thing as an 8GB class 6????
    i havent heard of such a thing. The high capacity (>4gb) cards i know have always been class 4...

but why look for class 6? the class 4 works. and class 6 will only be more expensive... cards on a phone need not be that high speed...
    I use an app called CallRec that records all my telephone conversations and I noticed this 8gb card seems to take a while longer to delete even small files in comparison to the 1gb sandisk ultraII sd card I had in my 700p. Something in the order of ~15:30 seconds to delete just one 702KB file/conversation.

Maybe a bug in the latest revision of CallRec is causing this or better yet possibly the large size of the 8gig card as compared to the 1gig is cause for longer 'seek times' (should such a thing exist); or could it be that the 'speed' difference (of which I'm unsure) between ultraII sd's and micro sdhc's is of such significance?.

Being ignorant to the varying classes and specifications of memory cards, I am unsure.

Which is most likely?

Also, in reference to the 8gb sdhc...
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Word of advise: Fill your card past the 4GB card for more flawless operation.
    Did you mean to say 'fill your card past the 4gb MARK' ?
    As if having the card's capacity half filled increases parity/performance?
    Does it? Please expand. Thanks!
    Last edited by lalala; 01/26/2008 at 12:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lalala View Post
    Did you mean to say 'fill your card past the 4gb MARK' ?
    I don't get it; care to expand?
    I'm sorry for the typo. Yes i meant fill the card up past the 4GB mark so you can see in the Card Info app exactly how much is left in it.
    Just got my SanDisk 8Gb microSDHC class 4 card...

Quote Originally Posted by lalala View Post
    I use an app called CallRec that records all my telephone conversations and I noticed this 8gb card seems to take a while longer to delete even small files in comparison to the 1gb sandisk ultraII sd card I had in my 700p. Something in the order of ~15:30 seconds to delete just one 702KB file/conversation.
    Haven't noticed it being slow at all - although I have seen this problem on my 650 & 700p with cheaper SD cards (even 150x ones). I think it is pretty much brand related. Transcend and SanDisk have always worked well and fast for me. But get a "cheap" brand and it can absolutely crawl.

I am surprised to hear you're having trouble with a SanDisk. Could be a quirk in the version of CallRec you are using.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    I discovered one "bug" with the 8gb card... if you use mOcean, it wont be able to see all of your music... i have tried everything but still it wont see all.... i do have a big number of songs (900++) in my card, and mOcean sees only about 500+...

No issues with pocket tunes though. And mOcean reads and writes on the card just fine. Videos and Photos are ok.
    bulls96;

Is this the same card you bought from dz-tech???
    I was asking because, when it tells what phones it fits in... it doesn't mention the 755.

http://cgi.ebay.com/8GB-MicroSD-Memo...QQcmdZViewItem
    Global Posts
    233 Global Posts
    Does the DZ Tech micro card come with a mini card adapter?

On a related question, why are the micro and standard sized SD cards getting such higher capacity than the mini?
    @Fully_Amazing - Yes its the card i got from DZ Tech. It will work with your Treo. Ptunes sees the songs without problems. Again it may be mOcean-related rather than the card's fault. I emailed mOcean about it and gave me the standard "Palm OS supports cards up to 4GB only" reply. DZ Tech was slow in their shipping though i don tknow if i have mentioned that. The card works but my experience just wasnt good and gave them negative feedback.

@Hardcase - No it will not come with a miniSD adaptor. It comes with a standard size SD adaptor though. I previously bought a Sandisk 4gb card with all adaptors included and just used the miniSD adaptor from that with my 8gb card. MiniSD is basically a dead format. Phone makers have gone to either full SD or microSD. You wont be seeing any new miniSD cards anytime soon.
    Another thing to report...

Apparently mocean does not really play well with the card...

this happened twice already... sometimes the mOcean app would freeze and not launch (white screen) so i do a forced reset (battery off) and that caused corruption of my mOcean files... in other words all my 1000+ songs were erased.
    Just got mine today from dz-tech (on eBay)
    it took exactly 1 week. (from thurs to thurs)
    Ima run a few test and I will get back to you all.
    Global Posts
    233 Global Posts
    I ordered the 8GB microSD from the DZ Tech website -- seemed safer to get what I want than E-bay. They had a 512 MB microsd with all of the adapters for less than $10, that I ordered as well. Hopefully, everything will all work together.

In hindsight, while the 755p offers the best rounded choice of features for me, the inclusion of miniSD is a bit disappointing when the industry is not likely to further develop that standard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardcase View Post
    I ordered the 8GB microSD from the DZ Tech website -- seemed safer to get what I want than E-bay. They had a 512 MB microsd with all of the adapters for less than $10, that I ordered as well. Hopefully, everything will all work together.

In hindsight, while the 755p offers the best rounded choice of features for me, the inclusion of miniSD is a bit disappointing when the industry is not likely to further develop that standard.

How much was it from the web site???
    I paid 65.00 shipped.
    was that to much????
    Global Posts
    233 Global Posts
    Here is an update to my earlier post about buying from DZ-Tech. I ordered the 8 GB microSD and a 512 mb microSD with adapters from them on February 7. They did not ship the first part of the order until February 13. The second part was shipped today, Feb 18. 11 Days to confirm payment and ship?! At this point, I wish I would have spent the full amount for the darn card and I would have it already. This all the more annoying because I leave on a trip tomorrow and will not have the card for another week until I get back!

I am not wowed by DZ-Tech customer service.

On a side note, their website pushes you to use PayPal. Don't. That apparently was part of the delay. They did not process their end of the payment for many, many days. I don't know if the Google checkout option would have been quicker. Either way, it has been 6 days since my payment cleared and now they are finally shipping the product.

To answer an earlier question, I paid $89.99 for the the 8GB card, $8.29 for the 512MB card/adapters and $6.95 for shipping. I was willing to pay more for prompt payment and shipping. I guess I should have saved my money and bought off of E-bay.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Well, I just got my treo 755p, and the 8gb sandisk micro SDHC I bought from a different ebay vendor "pc2buy" works great. The item I bought was an oem pack which was a little case with the micro sdhc, card, mini, and fullsize adapters with no retail packaging. I paid $69.99 plus $9.99 shipping. He accepts paypal, money orders and cashiers checks. I paid with pay pal. I "won" the buyitnow auction at 2am eastern time, last thursday and paid via pay immediately after. I had the memory card on saturday. It was shipped via USPS Priority mail. I have no problem recommening this vendor for your 8gb micro sdhc needs.

I ended up buying the sandisk mobilemate sd plus model SDDR-104-A1 from best buy for $15.99 in order to allow my pc to read this card. the reader built into this PC apparently didn't like sdhc through the full size sd adapter. the memory card works by itself or with either adapter in the mobilemate reader. This reader is NOT on best buy's web page. But seems to be available in all stores for the same low price.

Hope I helped someone,

Jonathan
    I got my Sandisk 6gb microsdhc from ezz2shop in Amazon Marketplace.

Works great, no problems.
    Global Posts
    233 Global Posts
    I finally received my card and accessories. One problem, it is only accepting 4GB worth of data, even on my computer. I suspect my phone formatted the card. I tried reformatting on my computer, but it only lets me reformat for 4GB. Any suggestions on how to get back to 8GB?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardcase View Post
    I finally received my card and accessories. One problem, it is only accepting 4GB worth of data, even on my computer. I suspect my phone formatted the card. I tried reformatting on my computer, but it only lets me reformat for 4GB. Any suggestions on how to get back to 8GB?
    Put 4 gigs of files on the card, and the remaining 4 gigs should then show up.
    Global Posts
    233 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by French View Post
    Put 4 gigs of files on the card, and the remaining 4 gigs should then show up.
    I did try that, but even in Windows XP, it is showing as only 4GB. I tried reformatting on my laptop, but it would only reformat to 4GB.
    Did you try formatting it through the command line?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast